This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Metal Gear Solid games reveal huge spoilers before release?*Spoilers duh*

#1Dieselzone32450Posted 3/14/2013 10:19:16 AM(edited)
I remember that even briefly going on youtube or looking at MGR:R threads before release, most of the bosses were revealed , and some moron spoiled that

Sundownder died

without even putting in it spoiler tags.

With GroundZeroes coming, and Phantom Pain(?), would I have to worry about all bosses being revealed, or any crucial plot details or even plot twists? How exactly were spoilers handled in MGS3, PW, and MGS4? Did they reveal a lot of characters or important information about the story b4 it's release? Or did they keep it under wraps?

Just wanted to know, so that I can avoid this board or other boards once important story related info comes up. and no, I didn't keep up with MGS4, or any other MGS games before their release. I only started my first MGS game around late 2012.
---
nothing
#2mgs4fan540Posted 3/14/2013 10:23:04 AM
uh

isn't that something everyone saw it coming. I mean most villains either die or go to prison lol.

and MG rising spoiled the final boss in the launch trailer
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#3Dieselzone32450(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 10:25:48 AM(edited)

and MG rising spoiled the final boss in the launch trailer

Wow. Glad I didn't see that trailer then.
---
nothing
#4SigmaHacielPosted 3/14/2013 10:26:25 AM
Only once people knew who the final was.

Protip- don't look up more than you need. Ever.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#5janemba8888Posted 3/14/2013 10:29:51 AM
Wasn't there a trailer for Vamp vs Raiden before it's release?
---
woosh
#6Saintman32190Posted 3/14/2013 10:34:18 AM
I usually avoid heavy trailers or gameplay footage with the MGS games.

Thankfully it's worked as I was able to keep myself from being spoiled and enjoy the game.
#7L0rdCrumpPosted 3/14/2013 10:35:06 AM
Vamp vs raiden
Beauty and the Beast Intro.
end of of the first Act cutscene with Ocelot
Intro

MGS4 trailers spoiled like all the cool parts in the first 2 acts. In the final trailer they showed Ray vs Rex too.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#8PS3_MofoPosted 3/14/2013 10:47:46 AM
yup. avoid it.
---
xbox360mofo: I'm a grown man who already knows Orojackson's ways and the fact that he's garbage. I'll beat the crap out of him and that's the end of that.
#9RustleSmith2Posted 3/14/2013 11:06:30 AM
Did they also reveal

Big boss actually being shown. Not the solidus body, but where he meets solid snake at the end before mgs4 released, too?
---
crap man is here, care to backup your argument of why the databook is correct with more than just poop comments crapsmith-Anema1986
#10TelekiNoctisPosted 3/14/2013 11:31:53 AM
It's ok. Rising's story was trash and it's irrelevant regardless. Getting spoiled on the story for that game is a good thing cause no real Metal Gear fan cared about the story to it and that's why people leaked it out before release so people could just watch or read up on it, laugh at it, and then avoid it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iJ8BI.gif