This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Metal Gear Solid games reveal huge spoilers before release?*Spoilers duh*

#11MaliciousMongoPosted 3/14/2013 12:21:38 PM
RustleSmith2 posted...
Did they also reveal

Big boss actually being shown. Not the solidus body, but where he meets solid snake at the end before mgs4 released, too?

No, but alot of the MGS4 board and fans were speculating that BB would play a role in MGS4 due to the E3 2005 showing.

For those that don't remember it, a mock teaser trailer was shown running on MGS3's engine that revealed absolutely nothing about the game except the "NO PLACE TO HIDE" theme and the fact that Kojima was once again returning to the director's chair.

Beyond that, he passed out a portfolio that revealed several Yoji Shinkawa character sketches for "returning characters" in MGS4. Among these was Snake (duh), Otacon, Meryl, Raiden, Vamp, and...Big Boss' decrepit corpse.

Leading many to speculate what role Big Boss would play in the game (dead or alive) and if he would in fact return from the dead.
---
"[The name] Dreamcast makes me think of rainbows and males kissing." - HollowPinky on Nintendo's console name change to Wii
#12Excuse_MePosted 3/16/2013 10:38:04 AM
yes
#13RixgearPosted 3/16/2013 11:47:06 AM
TelekiNoctis posted...
It's ok. Rising's story was trash and it's irrelevant regardless. Getting spoiled on the story for that game is a good thing cause no real Metal Gear fan cared about the story to it and that's why people leaked it out before release so people could just watch or read up on it, laugh at it, and then avoid it.

Wow what?? O_o i thought the story was quite good, honestly not that different from other MGS games, i think alot of people missed on details due to the optional codecs, since that was the bulk of the interesting info. I enjoyed it, and loved the main antagonist.
---
PSZ FC- 1548-5286-8938, Name-Rix
#14riddlebox89Posted 3/16/2013 11:58:29 AM
MaliciousMongo posted...
Leading many to speculate what role Big Boss would play in the game (dead or alive) and if he would in fact return from the dead.

He didn't return from the dead, he was in a nanomachine induced coma.

And as far as I'm concerned, if it's in a pre-release trailer, it's not a spoiler.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#15RayconPosted 3/16/2013 12:01:57 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
MaliciousMongo posted...

He didn't return from the dead, he was in a nanomachine induced coma.

And as far as I'm concerned, if it's in a pre-release trailer, it's not a spoiler.

Well, I mean he kind of did. In the sense that prior to it, everyone was under the impression that he died in MG2.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja