This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Adam Sessler ruin God of War Ascension?

#21anonymous46773Posted 3/14/2013 11:10:04 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
Adam Sessler didn't hurt GoW in any way, really. He hurt his own reputation and also changed a trophy. That's it.

He hurt his reputation by pointing out the absurd immaturity of the state of gaming and the lowest common denominator it appeases to?

Get the **** over yourself.

He hurt his own reputation because he was flat out wrong. Deal with it.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#22656stoogePosted 3/14/2013 11:34:20 PM(edited)
Unequivocally TC. He not only ruined the entire franchise for me (I refuse to replay the older games knowing that SSM are a bunch of PC supporting pansies), but he also soiled his reputation.

He went from being a guy that gave games I liked high review scores to a sad little man that wanted to force his opinion on the entire gaming community. This whole ordeal has been one big, pathetic mess.

...if you read the first part of my post and were nodding along enthusiastically then I want you to know this :I hate you. I was scratching my head trying to come up with the most pathetic post I possibly could. So if you agreed with that sarcastic dribble then you should feel very disappointed with yourself. Bad internet person. Bad.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#23justchill433Posted 3/14/2013 11:25:26 PM
Seriously, who the **** cares? It really isn't that big of a deal. This board will cling to any inane drama in the gaming world. Nobody I know has even heard of this controversy.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#24awesomephatmanPosted 3/14/2013 11:38:37 PM
656stooge posted...
Unequivocally TC. He not only ruined the entire franchise for me (I refuse to replay the older games knowing that SSM are a bunch of PC supporting pansies), but he also soiled his reputation.

He went from being a guy that gave games I liked high review scores to a sad little man that wanted to force his opinion on the entire gaming community. This whole ordeal has been one big, pathetic mess.

...if you read the first part of my post and were nodding along enthusiastically then I want you to know this :I hate you. I was scratching my head trying to come up with the most pathetic post I possibly could. So if you agreed with that sarcastic dribble then you should feel very disappointed with yourself. Bad internet person. Bad.

Well, you know what. I hate political correctness. So if you were serious about that part I would wholeheartedly agree with you.

But I don't think he ruined the game, no. Of course he didn't. I also will continue to watch and enjoy his videos. It's only natural that I will disagree on several of his points, in each and every video he puts out.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
My life is a cup of sugar I borrowed before time began and forgot to return
#25crazyman32Posted 3/14/2013 11:45:04 PM
justchill433 posted...
Seriously, who the **** cares? It really isn't that big of a deal. This board will cling to any inane drama in the gaming world. Nobody I know has even heard of this controversy.

Welcome to "As Gamefaqs Turns".
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#26656stoogePosted 3/14/2013 11:51:30 PM
I hate political correctness too, but I don't think that's what Sessler's problem was here. I think he just felt that the trophy was insulting the player with how juvenile it was.
Do I agree? No. But he obviously had an issue with it, and simply pointed it out in his review. I personally don't think he was trying to be a 'white knight' for women everywhere.

It's like swearing in a lot of games. I swear on occasion, some of my favorite films (Scarface) are full of course language, but I still get insulted by some of the juvenile swearing in games today.
Not because the actual words offend me, but because they seem to be added to appear cool. It's like the game just assumes I'm a moron that giggles at every F-bomb and that I can't take a complicated character or story seriously that doesn't frequently use four letter words.
---
#27doraemonllh1989Posted 3/14/2013 11:57:14 PM
anonymous46773 posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
Adam Sessler didn't hurt GoW in any way, really. He hurt his own reputation and also changed a trophy. That's it.

He hurt his reputation by pointing out the absurd immaturity of the state of gaming and the lowest common denominator it appeases to?

i think you should deal with it,and stop butthurt
---
I like good games
#28awesomephatmanPosted 3/14/2013 11:58:55 PM(edited)
656stooge posted...
I hate political correctness too, but I don't think that's what Sessler's problem was here. I think he just felt that the trophy was insulting the player with how juvenile it was.
Do I agree? No. But he obviously had an issue with it, and simply pointed it out in his review. I personally don't think he was trying to be a 'white knight' for women everywhere.

Uh, well sure, but it deals with political correctness. If he had his way (and what do you know? HE GOT HIS WAY!), the trophy name would be patched, due to political correctness. Can't have anyone getting offended in a God of War game, NO SIR!
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
My life is a cup of sugar I borrowed before time began and forgot to return
#29anonymous46773Posted 3/15/2013 12:05:04 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
anonymous46773 posted...

i think you should deal with it,and stop butthurt

Please explain how I am butthurt.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#30656stoogePosted 3/15/2013 12:05:38 AM
awesomephatman posted...

Uh, well sure, but it deals with political correctness. If he had his way (and what do you know? HE GOT HIS WAY!), the trophy name would be patched, due to political correctness. Can't have anyone getting offended in a God of War game, NO SIR!

See, I just see your attitude as being really immature. He got his way? Really?You act like the guy was stomping his feet and protest the game every step of the way.
He said he didn't like the trophy. That was all. It's not his fault it went any further than that, and as I said in my last post, I don't think it offended him because it was politically incorrect. I think it offended him because it stuck out as being incredibly juvenile.
---