This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All jokes and fanboyism aside...God of War: Ascension is not very good SPOILERS

#1merc1231Posted 3/15/2013 12:52:02 AM
The direction in this game is very poor.

Random locations. Check
Random boss fights. Check
Backtracking. Check
Story told in past and present (WTF!!!!????)
Horrible sound effects (how did it pass the beta phase)
Camera angle with the zooming in and zooming out effect...(?????)

Despite the horrible plot of God of War 3, it was at least better than this. At least you knew what you were doing and where you were going at all times.

This game, half the time i'm trying to figure out what the hell am i trying to do. I also wanna know how they can mess up the story. The plot was already there, you just had to bring it to life. Yet there is no plot continuity, rather we get the past and the present side of things for no reason.

Why couldn't they start from the time where he killed his family, and then him breaking the oath to Ares and then being chased by furies. I don't get it. The plot could have been excellent in this game, yet it is the worst in the series.

I don't even believe they tested this out. They probably had to meet the deadline so were probably oh no time for testing, this is god of war, it will sell regardless.

In future god of war games, hopefully todd papy is not the director or anywhere close to the project.

Rating: 4/10 and that's just because I like Kratos as a character.
#2Nightmare637Posted 3/15/2013 12:54:44 AM
opinions don't equal fact and all that jazz.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#3awesomephatmanPosted 3/15/2013 1:04:41 AM
How far are you into the game?

Things are starting to make more sense for me as I near the end. I feel like on a second run through, the story will make sense. For example, one of the boss fights felt very random and, "Why am I fighting him?" but later on, it makes sense why you do.

I've been enjoying the game, and I'd give it at least a 7.5/10. I use the full scale, so that's very good. I'll definitely replay it on Hard sometime.

Can't wait to try out the MP too.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
My life is a cup of sugar I borrowed before time began and forgot to return
#4shads3055Posted 3/15/2013 1:50:35 AM
Tc I traded it in yesturday camera angle was my reaseon