This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any good JRPGs this generation?

#1MyWifeBeatsMePosted 3/15/2013 5:57:55 AM
Not counting Demon's Souls and Dark Souls which are the rare exception to a great JRPG game. It's good that they spent a lot of time making the Souls game like Skyrim.

As for anime's JRPGS on the other hand, I just can't get into Star Ocean or Valkyria Chronicles so I know that I will want to break my ps3 console if I have to put any of that Atelier Ayesha or any NIS America game.

So is there any JRPGs that don't suck? I kinda liked FFXIII since Lightning and Vanille were hot and the graphics were beautiful.
#2kupo1705Posted 3/15/2013 5:58:42 AM
Call of Duty is a good JRPG.
#3PHEEliNUXPosted 3/15/2013 6:04:12 AM
MGR=Best RPG of all time
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#4SightoPosted 3/15/2013 6:08:58 AM
I can't think of any JRPGs other than the two Souls games that would appeal to someone of your limited capacity.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#5i like rpgzPosted 3/15/2013 6:09:10 AM
No no Kuni was pretty good. Kind of old school JRPG, if you're into that sort of thing.
---
PSN: turkey_nuggets
#6thisranksPosted 3/15/2013 6:13:27 AM
Speaking of agendas ... did you guys see that TBC topic? You should get together and discuss tactics.

As for the topic, all the gamers i know don't regionalize games and they are the norm. I don't ever hear the regionalizing of games at the stores i frequent, either. You see, regionalizing games isn't necessary factor involved in the enjoyment of playing them. I think most people have the common sense to understand that.

I think I'd have to find some abnormal gamers to get you the response you are desperate for. I think the nickname for them is Otaku, isn't it?
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#7atma6Posted 3/15/2013 6:15:56 AM
If you liked XIII, then XIII-2 is a no-brainer. Otherwise, cutting out anime RPGs leaves you with not to much. I would personally recommend Nier.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/
#8Virus66Posted 3/15/2013 6:17:27 AM
Dragon's Dogma and Tales of Graces imo.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#9MyWifeBeatsMe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 6:21:32 AM
LOL Tales of Grace..

but Dragons Dogma looks pretty cool. I completely forgot about that JRPG. Another JRPG that appears to move forward in time rather than living with 80s-90s game mechanics. I might also check Nier..
#10majin nemesisPosted 3/15/2013 6:30:49 AM
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...
LOL Tales of Grace..

but Dragons Dogma looks pretty cool. I completely forgot about that JRPG. Another JRPG that appears to move forward in time rather than living with 80s-90s game mechanics. I might also check Nier..

Tales of Graces F is one of the best JRPGs this gen i don't know why you're loling
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage