This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any good JRPGs this generation?

#31superbowl54Posted 3/15/2013 9:41:54 AM
SchoolRumble posted...
superbowl54 posted...
_tanjil_ posted...
superbowl54 posted...

Loli
short for lolita meaning pre-teenage girls

It's not really a hard definition to figure out. Just because there's a young girl in a game doesn't make the entire game a "loli game", which is the conclusion alot of these scumbags come to.

Most people wouldn't feel the need to defend it like they do if people didn't spread misinformation like the plague.

Yeah it's the literal meaning. Though you have to add sexually active young girl.

Words have multiple uses, like you wanna call someone fat you might say "you cow," well when a girl is really short and looks young for her age "you look like a loli" It's commonly used in animes and mangas "She's a loli" but the characters age is known to be 17+, she just looks like a kid.

People who say games are loli games aren't necessarily wrong. The art style can indeed by Loli style, just the characters themselves aren't actual lolitas.

So the haters are wrong for assuming that its pedo art, and the lawyers are wrong by denying that the character is a loli...

Quite frankly I'm not a fan of the art style, I don't see it as sexual stimulant, just don't like kids in games (western standard) and lolis tend to have annoying voice actors (japanese and english)

Where do you get that? Lolis are sexually active?

Alot of times, the character don't even look like a kid, and yet get called loli anyway because of the art style.

Just because there's a kid present in a game, that doesn't make an entire game a "lolipedo" game, that IS wrong. If a kid was actually sexually active in said game, do you honestly think it would have come out in the US?

There is no such thing as "loli art style", the word you're looking for is moe. There's alot of girls in games, anime, and manga that fall into that category. I have no problem with not liking something, as long as that person isn't spreading outright lies.

I can agree with the bolded part, kids tend to be annoying IRL so it's kinda fitting so many are in games as well.

Actually its the fact that they dress like 30 year old try hard strippers, people have zero respect for the losers even designing these characters.

thank you for proving my point about the people who hate on games like this. Your assistance is welcome.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#32ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/15/2013 9:43:04 AM
SchoolRumble posted...
superbowl54 posted...
_tanjil_ posted...
superbowl54 posted...

Loli
short for lolita meaning pre-teenage girls

It's not really a hard definition to figure out. Just because there's a young girl in a game doesn't make the entire game a "loli game", which is the conclusion alot of these scumbags come to.

Most people wouldn't feel the need to defend it like they do if people didn't spread misinformation like the plague.

Yeah it's the literal meaning. Though you have to add sexually active young girl.

Words have multiple uses, like you wanna call someone fat you might say "you cow," well when a girl is really short and looks young for her age "you look like a loli" It's commonly used in animes and mangas "She's a loli" but the characters age is known to be 17+, she just looks like a kid.

People who say games are loli games aren't necessarily wrong. The art style can indeed by Loli style, just the characters themselves aren't actual lolitas.

So the haters are wrong for assuming that its pedo art, and the lawyers are wrong by denying that the character is a loli...

Quite frankly I'm not a fan of the art style, I don't see it as sexual stimulant, just don't like kids in games (western standard) and lolis tend to have annoying voice actors (japanese and english)

Alot of times, the character don't even look like a kid, and yet get called loli anyway because of the art style.

Just because there's a kid present in a game, that doesn't make an entire game a "lolipedo" game, that IS wrong. If a kid was actually sexually active in said game, do you honestly think it would have come out in the US?

There is no such thing as "loli art style", the word you're looking for is moe. There's alot of girls in games, anime, and manga that fall into that category. I have no problem with not liking something, as long as that person isn't spreading outright lies.

I can agree with the bolded part, kids tend to be annoying IRL so it's kinda fitting so many are in games as well.

Actually its the fact that they dress like 30 year old try hard strippers, people have zero respect for the losers even designing these characters.

Got any examples of lolis dressed like 30 year old strippers?
#33Darkwolf BloodsbanePosted 3/15/2013 9:45:07 AM
FFXIII
Atelier Rorona
Cross Edge
Record of Agarest War Zero

Haven't played:
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2.
---
Leather doesn't really suit me...unless it's lingerie. - Katythefr3ak
#34DragoonGriffithPosted 3/15/2013 10:12:50 AM
Vesperia and Xillia 2.

Nier, Valkyria Chronicles, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Lost Odyssey...etc.

Then you have handheld JRPGs...oh boy. Never enough good JRPGs. ^_^
---
http://i.imgur.com/ugfYWuG.gif
#35drclaeysPosted 3/15/2013 10:12:56 AM
Friends,

I thought tales of graces F was good too. I liked it better then Star ocean, Last hope, that MC has a break down in the middle that makes me nerd rage. Graces was just about Friendship, which is RIGHT up my ally. ( smirk )

NNK is getting great reviews. FFXIII I can not play, for some reason. Trinity: souls of Zill was half way fun. I might not say GOOD, but ok.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
Signed up for a 13.1 mile (21 KM ) half marathon on May 5th. Wish me luck!
#36SigmaHacielPosted 3/15/2013 10:15:15 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Vesperia and Xillia 2.

Nier, Valkyria Chronicles, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Lost Odyssey...etc.

Then you have handheld JRPGs...oh boy. Never enough good JRPGs. ^_^

TLS isn't a good "j"RPG. But we do have many good titles out and coming.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#37_tanjil_Posted 3/15/2013 11:20:34 AM(edited)
superbowl54 posted...

You are right about the term moe, I completely forgot about it, not a word I use in everyday =P Also I never said that moe games = lolipedo games. If you re read my post you'll see I say people who say that are wrong.

Also my use of sexually active is wrong. Not as in girls having sex, but she's charming older men or is charmed by older men. I could't think of a term, I blame my limited vocabulary. But yeah that's what I meant by sexually active... puberty with interests in older men? XD

But yeah there's technically no such thing as a loli game unless you're looking at dating sims. In JRPGs it's just art styles and character designs that some people don't like. And like I said in my other post, when it comes to RPGs, not liking characters can break the game. Simply because JRPGs selling point tend to be story and characters before combat and other mechanics
#38Mattywright77Posted 3/15/2013 11:33:36 AM
PHEEliNUX posted...
Lol, This topic is probably a troll bait one

Not probable, definite. If its mywifebeatsme or bayonetta talking RPGs from japan its always trolling.
---
Now playing : Yakuza 3, Doom 3:BFG Edition, Mass Effect 3.
#39superbowl54Posted 3/15/2013 11:36:46 AM
_tanjil_ posted...
superbowl54 posted...

You are right about the term moe, I completely forgot about it, not a word I use in everyday =P Also I never said that moe games = lolipedo games. If you re read my post you'll see I say people who say that are wrong.

Also my use of sexually active is wrong. Not as in girls having sex, but she's charming older men or is charmed by older men. I could't think of a term, I blame my limited vocabulary. But yeah that's what I meant by sexually active... puberty with interests in older men? XD

But yeah there's technically no such thing as a loli game unless you're looking at dating sims. In JRPGs it's just art styles and character designs that some people don't like. And like I said in my other post, when it comes to RPGs, not liking characters can break the game. Simply because JRPGs selling point tend to be story and characters before combat and other mechanics

I never said you yourself said it, just saying that moe is often called lolipedo by those types of losers.

I lost the whole point of that sexually active thing :P There's alot of IRL girls like that.

I can totally understand not liking those kinds of games, to each his own, but like I said, alot of people (especially here) have the tendency to bash them and look down on people who like them. I agree with you that the main draw of JRPGs is the story and characters, though.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#40Auron772Posted 3/15/2013 11:38:34 AM
Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles and Ni No Kuni.

The best JRPG made during this generation of consoles is Persona 4.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren