This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those that have played both... God of War: Ascension or Tomb Raider?

#1Artof_WarPosted 3/15/2013 6:38:50 AM
I'm a long time fan of the God of War series, so I know it will be a blast, albeit the same "blast" we've alwats had.

Tomb Raider seems like a nice reboot.

Which would you suggest to buy? I can only get one (trading in another game to help).
---
PSN: Artof_War
#2DoukouPosted 3/15/2013 6:45:20 AM
Tomb Raider.
---
Don't read this sig.
#3_Shikoba_Posted 3/15/2013 6:48:14 AM
Doukou posted...
Tomb Raider.

---
NNID: Shikoba
PSN: Bad_Brains
#4DrunkBeardGuyPosted 3/15/2013 6:48:54 AM
As much as I love GoW, go with Tomb Raider. Ascension doesn't add much and unlike DmC, Tomb Raider is a worthy reboot.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#5anonymous46773Posted 3/15/2013 6:52:38 AM
Tomb Raider
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#6Artof_War(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 6:52:43 AM
Thanks duders. Any particular reason why Tomb Raider? Would you comparie it to Uncharted? I love those too.
---
#7DrunkBeardGuyPosted 3/15/2013 6:56:20 AM
In some ways it's better than Uncharted. Just buy it, you won't be disappointed.

Just a hell of a good time.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#8Artof_War(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 7:32:33 AM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
In some ways it's better than Uncharted. Just buy it, you won't be disappointed.

Just a hell of a good time.

Thanks. I'm just glad Lara Croft is a cartoon character in this game.
---
#9flame030191Posted 3/15/2013 7:34:41 AM
God of War. Easily. The graphics are better, gameplay is smoother, story is a little better, and the MP is more fun.

Tomb Raider is by no means a bad game, I actually consider it this year's first great game. But thanks to God of War, I haven't touched Tomb Raider in a few days now.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#10_tanjil_Posted 3/15/2013 7:36:26 AM
Well pros about TR is that... well you know how people always bash on shooters because well they're just point in shoot? Well no one can ever remedy that, but they have a smooth and responsive system going. I guess it doesn't abuse QTEs. The platforming all works nicely though you might feel like your hands are being held. It's got a decent story.

Honestly I'd go with TR just because GoW is just more of the same, so no rush to pick it up.