This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those that have played both... God of War: Ascension or Tomb Raider?

#21_tanjil_Posted 3/15/2013 9:15:17 AM
flame030191 posted...

It's only the second game this gen for God of War, unless you started with the Collection. Even then, it's been 3 years since we've had a GoW game, and when we finally get a new one, it happens to be the most robust entry.

I'd have been pissed if it were the exact same, or if it were completely changed head to toe and ignoring everything they had previously created. But instead we get a new God of War game with a lot of fresh mechanics to change up the system, with a decent length story that never gets boring to boot (I'm 7 hours in according to Raptr.com with no sign of an end yet and not a point in time where I've felt I'm just dragging my feet). This alone deserves a lot of respect IMO.

wow you're right it has been 3 years since Ghost of Sparda. Lol I guess with origins and saga coming out GoW never felt like its been gone even though there hasn't been anything new.

Well unless TC was played all the GoW around release time, I'd still probably recommend TR, since I get the feeling TC would get GoW regardless at some point, being a fan of he series and all, but might not give TR a chance later
#22ToastyAnakinPosted 3/15/2013 9:18:34 AM
It hasn't been 3 years since ghost of sparta. That came out fall 2010

:P
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#23Mystickay86Posted 3/15/2013 9:30:06 AM
If you happen to play SP only TR > GoW

If you're planning both SP & MP - GoW > TR
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#24Chaos6000Posted 3/17/2013 6:09:36 AM
If you want your 60 bucks to a good quality game then definitely go with Tomb Raider even after you beat it you can still explore & look for hidden treasures & stuff kind of like Far Cry 3 which I like games like that. Dont get me wrong I love God of war & even tho they put in a new system to try & take away the button mashing with Gow AC I still felt like all I had to do was press square the whole time with occasionally pressing triangle just got boring....this is just my opinion tho.
#25ZephyriuumPosted 3/17/2013 6:13:10 AM
_Shikoba_ posted...
Doukou posted...
Tomb Raider.

---
"What is more horrifying than a splitting scream?" "The whispering amongst people"
#26AnthonM2Posted 3/17/2013 6:59:15 AM
GOW:A is awful, I think SCE Santa Monica will follow Insomniac, get TR.
#27Sez6Posted 3/17/2013 8:48:11 AM(edited)
Artof_War posted...
I'm a long time fan of the God of War series, so I know it will be a blast, albeit the same "blast" we've alwats had.

Do you think that God of War III is the best of the series? If that is the case go with Tomb Raider.

If you liked GoW or GoW2 more than 3, then pick up Ascencion.

GoW:A is more like the first games and nothing like gow3 where its just a rampage of killing gods. The majority of the complains are because of this.
#28XechsPosted 3/17/2013 9:08:31 AM
Tomb raider, probably my personal fav of the franchise so a very awesome reboot.

GOWA is a lot worst and boring then GOW2 or 3. I might say it's the worst in franchise in terms of actual campaign in terms of fun. They did make a nice effort to force you to learn your skills this time in ascension but something about the campaign is just meh and a bore. Haven't touched the multiplayer.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#29scythecamPosted 3/17/2013 10:14:50 AM
_Shikoba_ posted...
Doukou posted...
Tomb Raider.

---
One-and-Donecos
#30Syfer002Posted 3/17/2013 10:15:35 AM
Go with both :) get tomb raider first
---
PSN SYFER00