This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are Japanese devs so obsessed with perfectionism and unfair high difficulty?

#1Bayonetta_Posted 3/15/2013 7:43:16 AM
It's as if they enjoy bullying gamers because they the devs themselves are pathetic beta males getting bullied by their bosses in real life.

This is where western games come in. Western games evolved to have balanced difficulty, best graphics, in depth character personalities, and above average stories. The problem with Japanese games like Ninja Gaiden 3 RE is that if the game is cheap in difficulty there are no other posivites to back it up. Japanese games tend not to have indepth storylines, detailed graphics or connectable realistic character personalities so you are just left with a cheap ly difficult game and nothing else to like.

Another problem is that most not all Japanese devs can't tell the difference between fair and cheap difficulty. that why their games end up having both cheap parts and fair sections. To them anything that frustrates gamers is a challenge.........they can't think beyond that mindset.
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 3/15/2013 7:44:33 AM
WELL guys, at least it isn't a topic about Betas, right?

because they the devs themselves are pathetic beta males

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUH.

WELL guys, we haven't heard from AliciaTyler in about 4 days so.
#3ManuKesnaPosted 3/15/2013 7:44:52 AM
you just suck at games
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#4JessicaJungxoPosted 3/15/2013 7:45:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5doraemonllh1989Posted 3/15/2013 8:05:01 AM
lol poor TC,he really got bothered by japanese games
---
I like good games
#6SixStringHeroPosted 3/15/2013 8:10:12 AM
I tried the demo of NG3:RE. I refuse to play on the easy setting, but it took everything for me to finally get past those Alchemists, holy crap that was tough, and that was with Ryu. Heck I died 3-4 times in the very beginning where you get spammed by rocket soldiers on perches.

I really want to like this game, but it just seems cheap, too many projectile enemies, and I never quite understood how the Steel on Bone system works, where you can start chaining instant kills enemy to enemy and the demo does a terrible job of explaining how these mechanics work.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#7ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/15/2013 8:18:26 AM
Why is Bayonetta_ so obsessed with creating stupid troll threads?
#8SchoolRumblePosted 3/15/2013 8:20:13 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...

How is this a troll thread?
---
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II
#9KaliestoPosted 3/15/2013 8:21:12 AM
SchoolRumble posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...

How is this a troll thread?

Don't worry TC, the people in this board are starting to lose their minds lately.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#10toadiemanPosted 3/15/2013 8:25:41 AM
I agree. Everyone should just make piss easy movies.
---
PSN: toadieman