This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you guys think of this article? 5 Game Features We Could Live Without

#1SicSlayerPosted 3/15/2013 10:42:48 AM
I'm not usually a fan of Yahoo's video game articles, but I have to say, they definitely hit the nail on the head with this one.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/5-video-game-features-could-live-without-192935445.html
---
Send Samuel L. Jackson after that mother****er. He'll bring it back. - REDDAP
#2SigmaHacielPosted 3/15/2013 10:44:23 AM
Wow. 5 for 5.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#3emeraldcoitusPosted 3/15/2013 10:52:30 AM
Nothing wrong with touch pads nor system updates
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/fkmc5i.gif
#4weirdneighborPosted 3/15/2013 11:00:09 AM(edited)
The only point I wholly agree with is the first one. System updates are simply a necessity, touchpads can enhance the experience is utilized correctly, DLC can keep a game fresh for longer and allow for developers to implement things they couldn't before deadline, and multiplayer modes offer different modes of play and possibly give the player many more hours of content. AS LONG AS DLC AND MULTIPLAYER DON'T TAKE AWAY FROM DEVELOPMENT OF THE CORE EXPERIENCE, that is.
---
A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.
#5xxxRemmyxxxPosted 3/15/2013 11:03:23 AM
Yeah, I completely agree with that article. And btw, nobody complained about Rockstar's DLC, because the DLC was released all at once in a big bundle. They didn't milk their fans like other companies do. *cough*Crapcom*cough*
#6KurizakaPosted 3/15/2013 11:04:51 AM
emeraldcoitus posted...
#7SmokingbombHPosted 3/15/2013 11:05:56 AM
Kurizaka posted...
emeraldcoitus posted...

That's not the point, the point is that while yeah they're nice, we could do without them.
---
Official Deidara of TNS.
#8SegavsCapcomPosted 3/15/2013 11:35:00 AM
4 for 5. I'm impressed.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#9sephiroth068Posted 3/15/2013 11:38:26 AM
SmokingbombH posted...
Kurizaka posted...
emeraldcoitus posted...

That's not the point, the point is that while yeah they're nice, we could do without them.

Then later on when something in a game or god forbid in an actual console goes wrong or is bugged, well then you can forget about any updates to fix the problems

No, I really don't think anyone can really live without them at this point unless you don't have any internet, in which case I would think you have more problems in your life to take care of before worrying about system updates
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#10gtaking5Posted 3/15/2013 11:47:18 AM(edited)
Most of the article is good. But the last is just wrong. First he mentions that Far Cry would have been better without Multiplayer. Would it? Would it have been better with MP? Probably not. Ever since the first game, Far Cry has had multiplayer, and a major aspect of it's MP has been the map creator.

Secondly, MP adds a replay value. Hey what happens if you beat Tomb Raider 10 times and got all the trophies? Would you keep it for a rainy day, or would you sell it off? Odds are you'd sell it.

And then there is the "tacked" on argument. Yes some games could do without it, but like I said above. It adds a lot of replay value. RPGs for example, do not need multiplayer. But we all know it'd be great if the game had it, even if it was tacked on? Why is that? Because it's fun. We're in the age of the internet. Now a days people don't go over to their friends house to play on the same screen. They stay at home and play together over the internet.

Kurizaka posted...
emeraldcoitus posted...

As they are maybe. But as technology advances, you'll be thinking "how did we ever live without them?" like with the PC and phone. Remember back in the day when your cellphone was just that. A portable phone? Now it's a portable computer with a phone as a side product.

Yeah, I completely agree with that article. And btw, nobody complained about Rockstar's DLC, because the DLC was released all at once in a big bundle. They didn't milk their fans like other companies do. *cough*Crapcom*cough*

Nobody complained about R*'s DLC because they actually know how to make DLC. And I find it funny. R* did exactly what Activision are doing with CoD DLC for Red Dead Redemption(for most cases in RDR, they did much, much less) and Max Payne 3, and will probably do it with GTA V as well, except instead of $15, they sold them for $10, and no one complained. It's not the DLC that's the problem. It's the price(as noted in the article). To put it bluntly. People are cheap ass bastards who wont even bother with an extra $5.
---
Bad luck, bitters and soda
Anguish and shame, the modern fool