This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since DmC bombed.....

#71Junpei_StupeiPosted 3/15/2013 6:23:16 PM(edited)
Nightmare637 posted...
shipped means sold for capcom in a buisness sense.

They still have the right to return it to Capcom if the game is not selling well, which in this case, it isn't.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#72monkeypahngPosted 3/15/2013 7:02:16 PM(edited)
CooperRC posted...
Well, this "bomb" still sold more than Atelier and Hyperdimension Neptuna games.....

It seems you don't understand anything about how these things work.

There's more to it than just the sales numbers. You have to consider how much the company expected to sell, how much it costs to make, how many copies were produced etc.

For example, if a Mario game (the main series) sells about 600,000 copies overall that is considered a flop. However, for other niche titles that amount is actually an excellent sales figure.

Then again, you are probably are just butthurt and just using niche title as a comparison to make yourself feel better.

You can't actually make a comparison on whether a game is a flop or not by comparing it to a completely different game in a different genre.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#73CooperRCPosted 3/15/2013 9:14:55 PM
monkeypahng posted...
CooperRC posted...
Well, this "bomb" still sold more than Atelier and Hyperdimension Neptuna games.....

Then again, you are probably are just butthurt and just using niche title as a comparison to make yourself feel better.

Really. Then why do I not own a single DMC game and yet own every JRPG released in the US?
#74monkeypahngPosted 3/16/2013 7:07:02 AM
CooperRC posted...
monkeypahng posted...
CooperRC posted...

Really. Then why do I not own a single DMC game and yet own every JRPG released in the US?

Hmm? Might want to show some proof when you make such a claim. I would like to see your whole collection of all the JRPGs ever released in the US.

Now the real question is why you would make such an ignorant statement of comparing the sales of DMC to another game that has no relation to it whatsoever. Unless you felt the need to reassure yourself of something.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#75Castiel39Posted 3/16/2013 7:25:12 AM
The game bombed? Since when?