This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do Amazon.com Game Preorders work?

#1ThePhantomTornPosted 3/15/2013 11:43:25 AM
So I've noticed a trend where Amazon.com has games much cheaper than the stores in my area (Gamestop, Best Buy, etc.) and Amazon usually has better deals and incentives on top of it.

So for example, if I preorder a game I am looking at now, does Amazon.com ship the game on launch day, meaning I'd get it later that week? Or do they ship it early so you have it launch day?

I just hate to wait extra days to play when I could pay a little more and have it same day.

Never pre-ordered off Amazon before so just curious. Thanks for any feedback!
---
There is always free cheese in a mousetrap!
PSN Name: J-To-The-D
#2JurassicBondPosted 3/15/2013 11:45:07 AM
If you have prime, they typically overnight it to you the day before launch so you get it launch day. If you don't have prime, I think you have to pay extra for this, but I'm not sure how much.
---
Reading: A Storm of Swords - George R. R. Martin
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#3Paul NelsonPosted 3/15/2013 11:47:03 AM
It depends, if you have Amazon Prime or Amazon Student, you will normally receive it on release day. However, if you just choose the free super saver shipping which is 5-7 days you might get it a few days later. For example I preordered both Dead Space 3 and Tomb Raider and did free super saver shipping; I received Dead Space 3 on it's release date and received Tomb Raider about 4 days after it's release.
#4RyuuHou25Posted 3/15/2013 11:47:05 AM
.com I believe has one day shipping or release day shipping depending on where you are. It will cost more of course, but it's usually there.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5ThePhantomTorn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 11:48:14 AM
Good info - thanks! Yeah I'll have to play with the shipping options - if its a little cheaper but then an extra like $10 to ship it to arrive on release day, I'm better off just getting it at Best Buy/Gamestop if I want to play it on launch.

Appreciate the help!
---
There is always free cheese in a mousetrap!
PSN Name: J-To-The-D
#6Xx Parasite xXPosted 3/15/2013 12:06:07 PM
For example I preordered both Dead Space 3 and Tomb Raider and did free super saver shipping; I received Dead Space 3 on it's release date and received Tomb Raider about 4 days after it's release.

That probably had a lot to do from where your package shipped from too. I've seen games come from as far as Kentucky and as close as Arizona.

Amazon usually ships out games the night before street date and will even guarantee a release day delivery if you select the 2 day shipping option. Of course, stuff still gets lost in the mail from time to time.
---
Nurse Marcie: Do you like my body, Joey?
Joey: =)
#7x_hairsPosted 3/15/2013 12:30:10 PM
doesn't apply to you specifically but anyone using the canadian amazon with free shipping.. they will usually ship on the friday after release
---
PSN: x-hairs
#8The DevourerPosted 3/15/2013 12:32:04 PM
Depends on shipping options when it gets there. The only time I did it was with Halo 4 and did 2 day shipping to get it on release day. They sent it out Friday or Monday and I got it Tuesday.

No idea when they ship it otherwise though...
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7