This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just started playing RE5 for the first time... THIS GAME SUCKS!!!

#1HellsingOrgPosted 3/15/2013 10:48:16 AM
Holy s*** everything is just so bad.
what the hell happened to Capcom quality games and my beloved RE series?

first off for an AAA Capcom game this game suffers from many many issues and I'm playing the golden edition.

I cannot believe how low this series has fallen.
I don't even want to play RE6 now.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2angry_cowtipperPosted 3/15/2013 10:53:37 AM
Did you read up on it beforehand? Did you ask anyone? Any one here could have told you it sucked.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Halo: Reach (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#3SayoriaPosted 3/15/2013 10:57:29 AM
Welcome to my world. If the game didn't have co-op that I played with my friend side by side, I would NEVER have finished it. It was just a bore all the way through. Did attack one slight fear of mine, but that was it.... early in the game with the martini thing forcing a parasite on someone.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#4kronos96Posted 3/15/2013 11:07:28 AM
That game along with RE4 destroyed RE. RE6 at last tried to bring back some of the classic feel with Leon's campaign. With RE5 they went to the other extreme. The series became something completely different.
#5shawnmckPosted 3/15/2013 11:10:09 AM(edited)
The game does NOT "suck"...
It is just not in line with RE4, which many consider the pinnacle of the series.

I actually like RE5 a lot, but I agree that 4 was better in every way, with the exception of graphics.

Play RE5 like a typical 3rd-Person shooter, and you will enjoy it a lot more.
#6Pinoy441Posted 3/15/2013 11:09:21 AM
RE5 has been out for years

And you didn't bother to look up gameplay or reviews or anything of the sort?
---
*grabs popcorn*
#7angry_cowtipperPosted 3/15/2013 11:12:01 AM
shawnmck posted...
It is just not in line with RE4, which many consider the pinnacle of the series.

I actually like RE5 a lot, but I agree that 4 was better in every way, with the exception of graphics.

It sucks.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Halo: Reach (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#8theshovellerPosted 3/15/2013 11:18:54 AM
shawnmck posted...

It follows in the footsteps that RE4 started off on, much like how RE6 continues in that same direction. I really don't get why people say RE4 is the "pinnacle" and then berate REs 5 and 6 for doing the exact same thing.

Personally, I kinda liked RE5 and 6. Then again, I played with my brother through both of them. I've noticed playing with a friend or brother makes the unbearable amazing.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#9Dark_SpiretPosted 3/15/2013 11:47:52 AM
i really hate when people say "this game has so many issues!" and then they proceed to not list them.
---
Currently playing: Disgaea 4 - Resident Evil 5 - Mark of the Ninja
#10RafedxPosted 3/15/2013 11:50:34 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Holy s*** everything is just so bad.
what the hell happened to Capcom quality games and my beloved RE series?

first off for an AAA Capcom game this game suffers from many many issues and I'm playing the golden edition.

I cannot believe how low this series has fallen.
I don't even want to play RE6 now.

Personally I found RE5 to be a great action game, but a terrible Resident Evil game. I played through it many times with my wife and that could be why I thought it was actually good. I never did try out single player due to all the horror stories of the bad AI partner.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.