This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need survival horror

#21ZombiDeadZombiPosted 3/16/2013 10:29:02 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
It saddens my heart nobody ever mentions Echo Night: Beyond.

been meaning to pick that one up.
i hear its very slow.

It's kind of slow but very atmospheric and creepy. One of the best survival horror games I have ever played.

You truly do have limited resources and you can't even fight.
#22GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 11:13:12 AM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
It saddens my heart nobody ever mentions Echo Night: Beyond.

been meaning to pick that one up.
i hear its very slow.

It's kind of slow but very atmospheric and creepy. One of the best survival horror games I have ever played.

You truly do have limited resources and you can't even fight.

yeah, definitely gona get it.
#23IChangedMyNamePosted 3/16/2013 11:37:14 AM
Devilman_Amon's list is good,

Although I wouldn't count Dino Crisis 2, its pretty bang bang and almost nothing alike it predecessor other than fixed camera angles and tank controls (although one of my favorite games or all time from PS1)
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#24JoveHackPosted 3/16/2013 12:06:41 PM
Sanitarium is an old-school 2D adventure game on static backgrounds. It makes up for that with great atmosphere and imaginative variety. It really reminds me of Silent Hill 1, or since SH1 came out after, maybe it's the other way around. Has that same nightmarish feel.

It's abandonware, and you'll probably need DosBox and system slowdown to play it.

BloodRayne 2 is a beat 'em up that actually more of slice-em-up. Pure bloody campy fun.

Rayne gets some blood weapons for ranged combat. They're not that great, although they can be upgraded through use.

Rayne also has several special half-vampire powers, and can do some sexy acrobatic platforming. She gains more moves as the story moves along, but frankly I got sick of them.

But mostly it's about the blades and building up Rayne's carnage meter to unleash special attack mode. Nice graphics, but the PC version is much better simply due to higher resolution.

There's long post-apocalyptic section that's well done. Great enemies with infighting.

Check them out on youtube to get a better idea of what they're like.
---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#25GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 12:55:12 AM
was there ever a castlevania that had survivor horror elements?
#26Devilman_AmonPosted 3/17/2013 11:33:47 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
was there ever a castlevania that had survivor horror elements?

no

Might as well import Hungry Ghosts or play Demon's Souls if you want something like that with a dungeon crawler feel
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#27tav19Posted 3/17/2013 11:51:14 AM
Well I haven't seen anyone mention Lone Survivor, Slenderman: The Eight Pages or Resident Evil: Revelations. Nor has anyone mentioned the NES game Sweet Home which is sadly only available in the US via reproduction/imported carts, if you haven't heard about this game y'all need to check out the Happy Video Game Nerd review (Part 1 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw06V-fcjfA , Part -2 www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNz93wC7W68 ).
#28GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:53:10 AM
tav19 posted...
Well I haven't seen anyone mention Lone Survivor, Slenderman: The Eight Pages or Resident Evil: Revelations. Nor has anyone mentioned the NES game Sweet Home which is sadly only available in the US via reproduction/imported carts, if you haven't heard about this game y'all need to check out the Happy Video Game Nerd review (Part 1 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw06V-fcjfA , Part -2 www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNz93wC7W68 ).

i hear lone wurvivor is coming to vita/psn.

im pumped.
#29KacielPosted 3/18/2013 10:54:56 AM
Dead Space
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mblpteDR8S1rhizoao1_500.gif
#30GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:57:42 AM
Kaciel posted...
Dead Space

can you suggest a game a little less shooty?