This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where Do You Guys Stand On GameStop Trade In?

#1Metsfan5162Posted 3/16/2013 8:52:31 AM
I'm not a HUGE trade in guy. If I buy a game that I have a great experience with I keep it.

If I buy a game that I didn't really like and had no attachment too, I trade it in if the deal is right.

About two years ago I made the switch from Xbox to PS3, keeping my Xbox because I thought I would go back to it for a few games.

Two years later and I haven't plugged the Xbox in once. Gamestop is currently holding a promotion where you get 30% added onto any system trade in, but even with that offer when I called I was told I would only get $52

I know I'll never touch the thing again and in a few months it will be obsolete so I should just take what money I can and run with it. But only $52....I can't even buy a new game with that and they are going to sell it for x3 that price (not exactly but still)

So I'm just a little torn...what do you guys think?
---
PSN:dVl_05
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 3/16/2013 8:54:22 AM
GameStop trade-in is barely even worth it within the release window of the game, where you might get 35 tops.

Because odds are, you could get 40~ from someone in your neighborhood.
#3FryerPosted 3/16/2013 8:54:31 AM
EBay or craigslist it. You can easily get at least double in cash.
---
3DS FC: 0087 2854 5464
XBOX and PSN: Fryerisgod
#4Impaired MedicPosted 3/16/2013 8:55:14 AM
I'll get rid of games at Gamestop I don't like when I can't be bothered to put them on craigslist, but that's it really.
---
You're now a better person for having read this post.
#5theshovellerPosted 3/16/2013 9:00:42 AM
I don't trade in my games, but that's because I don't ever get rid of my games. On the extremely rare chance I am looking to ditch one, for whatever reason, I'll just see if any of my friends want it and give it to them gratis. If they don't, then it goes somewhere for safekeeping because it's probably not worth much if I traded it in anyway.

As for people who do it at Gamestop, it's their call. I like it because, should I want to go grab an older game I missed for whatever reason, I can - because someone traded it in at some point.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#6Bond00731Posted 3/16/2013 9:09:28 AM(edited)
Personally im all about getting rid of games once ive deemed them complete in my eyes.
Im not one to really return to games too often but i do keep a large batch that i consider my personal favs etc.

I dont see a point in having a "collection" just to see em sit on a shelf collecting dust. So i get rid of em while they are still fairly popular. I get good returns on my games through craigslist and best buy when they offer "100% trade in bonus" often.
While im def not hurting for cash it does provide some return on my games and def allows me to make a few extra purchases a month because of it.

That being said....Gamestop in particular is a huge NO for me. You would easily get over $100 for that Xbox on craigslist esp with extras
#7Syfer002Posted 3/16/2013 9:37:20 AM
Shop the deals. You can make a ton from the deals.
---
PSN SYFER00
#8hitokoriXPosted 3/16/2013 9:39:28 AM
When gamestop runs those trade in offers, I tend to take advantage of them, especially with older games that I didn't really like.
---
Would you follow a blind man?
I would if I was in the dark
#9S1lver_Bull3tPosted 3/16/2013 9:42:23 AM
now, whenever i have the slightest amount of fun from a game, i dont trade it in. i used to trade in games frequently for new games, and.... i have too many regrets.
---
"Fight and hunt as you like. Whoever's fastest gets the prey. That's the way we do it."