This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is SF X Tekken worth getting??

#1BBBanks03Posted 3/16/2013 9:48:20 AM
So back when that game first came out, I thought it looked like a lot of fun, and the reviews were good. However, not long after that I started hearing that the game had a lot of issues, mostly dealing with the gameplay and balance and whatnot, so I put it off. And lo and behold, I'm now hearing a lot about some patch from heaven that fixed most of all the issues people had with the game, and it's apparently really balanced now.

So is worth it?? Is the online still active? And which system should I get it on?? I know Sony usually has the better online environment for fighting games, but I have WAY more games for my 360 than I do my PS3 (and thus prefer keeping it 360 since I hate take out my video cables and putting the PS3's in and going back and forth, yes I'm that lazy), and my fight stick is for the 360, so the D-pad is a non-issue for me.

Thanks for the input ladies and gentlemen.

Oh, and I'm posting this on the 360 board also to get an opinion from both sides of the spectrum.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#2BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 11:08:23 AM
Nobody?

.....Hello? (echo, echo, echo)

*crickets*
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#3warrenmatsPosted 3/16/2013 11:16:58 AM
20 dollar on-disc character DLC lol.

Gems=pay to win
---
:D
#4GabrielCupimPosted 3/16/2013 11:19:12 AM
Well, it seemed like fun for a couple days, but the unbalancing made me quit it.
It lacks the solid combat SSF4 has.

But it's really cheap now, rent it, and if you like it, buy it, I'm pretty sure the online is still pretty active. (not black ops 2 active of course)
---
Ahhh... Anime, RPG and my girlfriend.
I just love them all.
#5HunterAlicePosted 3/16/2013 11:35:34 AM
BBBanks03 posted...
So back when that game first came out, I thought it looked like a lot of fun, and the reviews were good. However, not long after that I started hearing that the game had a lot of issues, mostly dealing with the gameplay and balance and whatnot, so I put it off. And lo and behold, I'm now hearing a lot about some patch from heaven that fixed most of all the issues people had with the game, and it's apparently really balanced now.

So is worth it?? Is the online still active? And which system should I get it on?? I know Sony usually has the better online environment for fighting games, but I have WAY more games for my 360 than I do my PS3 (and thus prefer keeping it 360 since I hate take out my video cables and putting the PS3's in and going back and forth, yes I'm that lazy), and my fight stick is for the 360, so the D-pad is a non-issue for me.

Thanks for the input ladies and gentlemen.

Oh, and I'm posting this on the 360 board also to get an opinion from both sides of the spectrum.

The FGC will attempt to make it look good and try to convince you to buy the game, but the game still has it's terrible flaws as many un-bias statements would say. Try it out if you want, but I would move on.
#6Great_Pudding_3Posted 3/16/2013 11:44:16 AM
warrenmats posted...

That was some ****.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#7BurgerTime79Posted 3/16/2013 11:50:42 AM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
warrenmats posted...

That was some ****.

It was one of the only things that Capcom has done in recent years that there is no actual reasoning for.
The game is still really fun and enjoyable without those additional characters. At $20 I don't see any reason not to at least pick up a game you're interested in. Heck, people still think they should ask if a game at $10 should be picked up.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#8akuma634Posted 3/16/2013 12:31:46 PM
A lot of people crap on the game, I think it's mostly bandwagon Capcom hatred. The game itself is really solid, it doesn't quite feel on the same level as MVC3 or SFIV but I'd still rank it up there with the best fighting games this gen. The only draw back is that they do have a bunch of DLC characters for $20 and these are some good characters like Dudley, Elana, Cody, Guy, Bryan, and Jack. I have it on the PC and it took almost a year for us to get that DLC but for the delay, they had it for $5 for two weeks along with the game being %75 off. I did rebuy the game for PS3 just so I could play as Bad Box Art Mega Man and Pac Man, but I'm not getting the DLC characters again. I think it's a great crossover, aside from Tekken Tag 2, it's the best use of Tekken in many years.
#9akuma634Posted 3/16/2013 12:36:12 PM
I don't get why on disc DLC is such a big deal. It's no different from day one DLC, really the only difference is instead of downloading close to a gig or extra content, the extra content is on the disc. You don't have the rights to everything on the disc, you paid for software and tampering with the disc to unlock extra content is no different from piracy. THQ did much more on disc DLC and season passes like last few WWE games and Saints Row 3 but Capcom does it once or twice and they're the great Satan of the industry. At the end of the day, publishes will have their code monkeys rush out and make sure there's some DLC to sell on day one, but nobody is cutting out core game content and selling it back to you, these are optional characters who were made as a bonus. I'm more bugged that for the PC version it took 11 months to even get that DLC that console gamers were butthurt over since the game came out.
#10UniversquallPosted 3/16/2013 12:38:16 PM
"The game is finished"
"Before sending it off pick a lot of things to lock so we can get more money"
"Including colours?"
"Anything. Or we will go under"
---
After the Fallout