This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has a video game ever made you angry or sad?

#1Excuse_MePosted 3/16/2013 1:18:46 PM
Basically, have you ever played a video game that made you angry, sad, or even cry? Emotional. Could be with a particular ending to a game that frustrated you, or a plot point that happens that actually makes you sad, or even have a few tears.etc.
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 3/16/2013 1:23:11 PM
.Hack GU - Alkaid

NieR - Kaine

Xenoblade - Fiora (the oddest one, considering we "knew" her for all of like 10 minutes.)

Yakuza - A combo of sad/extreme anger/etc
#3BurgerTime79Posted 3/16/2013 1:30:06 PM
Off the top of my head, Metal Gear Solid 2.

Spoiler:
I got attached to Emma because she reminded me a bit of a girl I had a crush on. Her death really got to me.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#4RixgearPosted 3/16/2013 1:32:18 PM
Valkyrie Profile made me a bit depressed, you see how every character you recruit dies, such sad depressing stories
---
PSZ FC- 1548-5286-8938, Name-Rix
#5Wozman23Posted 3/16/2013 1:35:20 PM
Papo & Yo does both. Its story toys with your full range of emotions: happiness, anger, pain, fear, sadness. It was the first and only game ever to make me tear up.

Everybody gives a lot of credit to Journey for being a beautiful, emotional game, but I found its story to be too nebulous to really connect with. While it is visually superior, it doesn't hold a candle to it the concrete emotional story of Papo & Yo.
---
Recently Played: Borderland 2, Sound Shapes, DmC, The Cave, Sly, Dead Space
Anticipating: GoW Ascension, The Last of Us, Guacamelee, Puppeteer, Rayman Legends
#6NovaKaneXPosted 3/16/2013 1:49:47 PM
Metal Gear Solid - Sniper Wolf

Gears 3 - Dom

The Walking Dead - The endin' made me sad. *** made me angry. Anyone who has played the game already knows who I'm talkin' about lol.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/f50jfr.jpg
Cot damn!
#7ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/16/2013 1:55:42 PM
The Walking Dead - ending
Xenosaga series - MOMO and Albedo scene, Ep. 3 ending...
Xenoblade - Fiora
Nier - A lot of things
Persona 3 - ending
Persona 4 - hospital near the end of the game, Marie
#8KurizakaPosted 3/16/2013 2:06:43 PM
I think it's only natural for a game to be able to bring out such emotions - same as a movie can. MGS4 definitely tugged at my heartstrings.
#9arczero_xPosted 3/16/2013 2:07:09 PM
I felt sad with Crisis Core's ending
Felt very emotional with FFIX and Okami.
Felt incredible rage with Street Fighter X Tekken's horrible online and unbalanced gem system.
---
http://backloggery.com/arczero
Whatever that is on your mind is my signature.
#10flame030191Posted 3/16/2013 2:08:33 PM
Medal of Honor 2010 was pretty emotional, and Warfighter was the only game to make me shed a tear quite honestly. I connected really well to the storyline, thus it got emotional a little.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.