This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would YOU fix the PS3 generation?

#1agrissaPosted 3/16/2013 5:36:55 PM
You can only pick one: - Results (192 votes)
Ban DLCs, Online Passes, DRM, and all the anti-consumer stuff
43.75% (84 votes)
Put a limit on the number of pew pew shooters that can be releasedevery year
7.81% (15 votes)
Ban Loli RPGs altogether
7.81% (15 votes)
Put a quota on how many sequels/spinoffs/reboots/etc each franchise can have per gen
3.65% (7 votes)
Provide funding so all Japanese game can be localize overseas
23.96% (46 votes)
Assign "franchise police" to make sure that each franchise retains its original feel
4.17% (8 votes)
Put a ban on excessive and unnecessary blood, gore, and sex
2.6% (5 votes)
Just shut down Ninja Theory before they can do any damage
6.25% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
We all know that the beginning of the current gen marked the start of a new dark ages. The golden age came to an end and we entered an era of creativity drought, anti-consumer practices, and overall drop in game quality. Japan's gaming industry is on the decline, and RPGs are more niche than ever. Westerners pump out endless pew pew PAAGGs with no end in sight. Both the East and the West caters to the shallow masses, creating a new flood of LCDGs (Lowest Common Denominator Games).

The next gen does not look promising at all. It will only continue the current trend.

Now let's turn back the clock. It's 2006. You are the President of Sony. Pretend that you have the power to save the gaming industry. What would you do? What's the #1 goal on your agenda?

No "all of the above" option cuz that would win for sure.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#2DotsAndLinesPosted 3/16/2013 5:43:27 PM
How about all of the above? :-P
---
I'm just here to talk about games. Please leave me out of the drama.
#3AlltraPosted 3/16/2013 5:49:34 PM
Take the consoles offline and keep them offline. Solves every single issue I have with this generation.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#4Great_Pudding_3Posted 3/16/2013 5:50:36 PM
Do what I want and only what I want and make games that only appeal to me.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#5bloodcoastPosted 3/16/2013 5:51:41 PM
I doubt any of these will fix anything. The main problem to the current state of gaming is deserving developers aren't being supported as much as they should, so there are fewer quality titles out there. Most gamers aren't interested in making a change for that.

If you take a look at this board for example, people spent days just to complain about a small trophy in God of War. They just want to complain. Even if you fix all the supposed problems listed above, they will still complain, and do nothing but complain.
#6agrissa(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 6:00:24 PM(edited)
Alltra posted...
Take the consoles offline and keep them offline. Solves every single issue I have with this generation.

Good point. No online=no DLC, DRM, and any of those BS. No online also means those PAAGGs won't blow up in terms of popularity. A bigger focus on single-player just like the old days will sure to bring back more quality too.

Unfortunately, online is here to stay, and newer consoles will have social networking shoved down our throats.....OMG.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
#7enjelsamaPosted 3/16/2013 5:54:36 PM
None of those options.

But #1 is close.
"Ban Online Passes and DRM and small DLC" would be my fix.

I love good sized DLC, that add a good chunk of game-play and life.
Things like... horse armor..need to go bleep them-selves. And company should be fined for such stupid idea.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
*Insert Cat Gif Here*
#8agrissa(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 5:59:18 PM
enjelsama posted...
None of those options.

But #1 is close.
"Ban Online Passes and DRM and small DLC" would be my fix.

I love good sized DLC, that add a good chunk of game-play and life.
Things like... horse armor..need to go bleep them-selves. And company should be fined for such stupid idea.

That's the main problem with DLCs....the intention was good but it got abused to no end by game companies. DLC was supposed to provide actual expansion to add to gameplay and life. They are NOT meant for devs to strip out content on the game disc and sell them separately. And don't get me started with those infamous on-disc DLCs....

It's human nature to abuse things to their advantage I suppose. That's why I say it's better to get rid of it then to let it stay and only have around 1% actually legit extra contents.
---
#9ProfessorWINPosted 3/16/2013 6:04:50 PM
Um....well I don't like any of the options so I'll just make my own.

"Advertise lesser known games like Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles"

For that matter:

"Advertise the Vita"
---
Slayer
#10thisranksPosted 3/16/2013 6:31:14 PM
Not surprising to see no "other" option. Considering some of the abnormal choices given as options i'm guessing there's regional bias involved.

Until some people learn that gaming isn't about them or their agenda nothing is going to change. Games exist to make as many people as possible happy. Simple as that.

Example: When you see individuals like the regionally challenged assuming that because games are developed from (insert region of choice) those games are developed specifically for what they define as their demographic you know you are dealing with people who lack common sense. There is a demographic for every game in every country.

It's simply abnormal to assume anyone needs to care about what region a game is from in order to enjoy it unless there is a specific reason it needs to be pushed, and the reason usually will favor only those pushing that agenda. It's never in the best interest of all gamers involved.

That's what i feel needs to be fixed.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW