This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would YOU fix the PS3 generation?

#51killakPosted 3/24/2013 6:22:17 PM
I was talking to jubjub, mr non gamer flamer
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#52zyrax2301Posted 3/24/2013 6:22:32 PM
I feel like you only put thought into the first poll answer and just regurgitated PS3 board hot-topics for the rest.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#53SeyalPosted 3/24/2013 6:36:25 PM
enjelsama posted...
None of those options.

But #1 is close.
"Ban Online Passes and DRM and small DLC" would be my fix.

I love good sized DLC, that add a good chunk of game-play and life.
Things like... horse armor..need to go bleep them-selves. And company should be fined for such stupid idea.

Agreed.

I think you could just ban DLC and the good content DLC would just become expansion packs.

Like it used to be/still is for PC games.
---
O Almighty watch over your servant as she struts her stuff! - Nun/Dancer at Gleeba
#54agrissa(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:42:02 PM
Seyal posted...

I think you could just ban DLC and the good content DLC would just become expansion packs.

Like it used to be/still is for PC games.

Exactly!!!! If only that was possible....prevent publishers from abusing DLC technology and only let them use it the way it was intended to be!
---
Official Troll Hunter of the PS3 Boards
~Number of trolls owned:3~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#55keatonisballinPosted 3/24/2013 6:45:03 PM
I see no problems with the "PS3 generation". Nor do most people. Just people on this board. The only time ive ever heard anyone complain about all that crap is on this board. The average person doesnt give a damn about DLC or online passes or anything else.
---
Countin the days til the season starts...
http://tinyurl.com/ahlxv7l http://tinyurl.com/bdue5uw
#56skeithxthPosted 3/24/2013 6:45:59 PM
I'd install an AI and other necessary parts and then tell it to grill me a cheese.
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.
#57BroDudeJaggiesPosted 3/24/2013 7:06:15 PM
Alltra posted...
Take the consoles offline and keep them offline. Solves every single issue I have with this generation.

Lol at basement dwelling dial up gamer confirmed
---
U.S.A. - The only country known to have dropped nuclear devices on civilians
#58DynoStretchPosted 3/24/2013 7:34:33 PM
I voted for the pew pew restriction one, but honestly a lot of those should be enforced.

Ban DLCs, Online Passes, DRM, and all the anti-consumer stuff

I wouldn't say banning DLCs, but rather ban DLC that they could had easily put on the game but choose to withheld just so they could day-one it. Everything else there needs to scram though.

Put a limit on the number of pew pew shooters that can be releasedevery year

Please do. There are so many other great ways to murder people and I'm getting tired of bobbing around with a gun in front of me.

Ban Loli RPGs altogether

How many of these are there anyway? I own Hyperdimension Neptunia 2, but that's it. Does the Tales of series count?

Put a quota on how many sequels/spinoffs/reboots/etc each franchise can have per gen

Or at least restrict Activision and EA from making the same game every year.

Provide funding so all Japanese game can be localize overseas

Yes please. <3

Assign "franchise police" to make sure that each franchise retains its original feel

If this means less gritty reboots like Lords of Shadow or DmC, then I'm for it.

Put a ban on excessive and unnecessary blood, gore, and sex

Very yes. Modern gaming is so obsessed with making their games "mature" that it's coming off as being ironically childish.

Just shut down Ninja Theory before they can do any damage

Agreed. I suggest either by carpet bombing, voodoo hex rituals or just plain old-fashioned angry mob with flaming pitchforks.
---
Remember: Nintendo is more violent than Playstation and Microsoft COMBINED... They just don't show blood.
#59jubjub360Posted 3/24/2013 7:36:59 PM
Pot calling the kettle black. Shame I'm not a scumbag.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:7~ ~ Number of fans:12~
#60work_a_holicPosted 3/24/2013 7:54:09 PM(edited)
The only way to fix this gen is with a little more reliability.

EDIT:
And just to be clear, I am perfectly satisfied with this gen. I don't think it actually needs fixed.