This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fighting game fans: How is Darkstalkers Resurrection?

#1nayr626Posted 3/16/2013 7:37:06 PM
I'm debating whether or not to buy it.

I like the demo, but I don't know how lasting it would be. It's such a change of pace from SSFIV that it's really fun to play. Is it worth it? I've downloaded Third Strike and MvC2, but I rarely play those.

How long do you think the online will stay active?
---
Tedious weeds that the media breeds, but the animal gets what the animal needs
PSN: Arnnaria
#2xenosaga123Posted 3/16/2013 7:42:49 PM
the best arcade collection ports ever. Of course people will whine about the lack of PS1 DS3 characters, but these are arcade perfect, and play great!! not sure about community activity, but are rooms the join, the GGPO netcode is better than it has ever been on console, and it's really intense gameplay. You can probably network with regulars online and you'll always have people to play with. there's lots of unlockables too. nice XP system.
#3Bestia_SomniaPosted 3/16/2013 7:49:16 PM
It's like a mix of MvC2 and Third Strike

It's pretty good - one of Capcom's better HD rereleases - although I wish that DS3 was the console version. It's irritating not being able to use Phobos, Pyron or Donovan without switching to Night Warriors, which then doesn't give my friend access to some of his favourite characters.
---
"Women!? Wutz a women? Iz it brand of serial? a herp to da derp..." - Masashi Kishimoto
#4nayr626(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 7:50:33 PM
the best arcade collection ports ever. Of course people will whine about the lack of PS1 DS3 characters, but these are arcade perfect, and play great!! not sure about community activity, but are rooms the join, the GGPO netcode is better than it has ever been on console, and it's really intense gameplay. You can probably network with regulars online and you'll always have people to play with. there's lots of unlockables too. nice XP system.

Nice.

Who would you suggest in Darkstalkers 3 for a Cody/Rose player? Lilith seemed pretty fun from the demo, but she seems a little underpowered.

It was between this and Okami HD.
---
#5xenosaga123Posted 3/16/2013 7:54:36 PM
Oh it's hard to say, these characters are so unique, that it's even inaccurate to call their movesets hybrids. It's just something you gotta test out each character to see which one you are better with. You can look up gameplay/match videos online of all the characters for better idea how they play, and EventHUBs has movelists. It's a challenging fighting game. I think some input windows are too small for certain supers, but the rest are really responsive.
#6Bestia_SomniaPosted 3/16/2013 7:55:27 PM
Depends how much of a fighting game fan you are. If you're more of a casual player who doesn't stay hooked for long then don't bother because Okami is a masterpiece.
---
"Women!? Wutz a women? Iz it brand of serial? a herp to da derp..." - Masashi Kishimoto
#7Bestia_SomniaPosted 3/16/2013 8:02:08 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
Oh it's hard to say, these characters are so unique, that it's even inaccurate to call their movesets hybrids. It's just something you gotta test out each character to see which one you are better with. You can look up gameplay/match videos online of all the characters for better idea how they play, and EventHUBs has movelists. It's a challenging fighting game. I think some input windows are too small for certain supers, but the rest are really responsive.

I know what you mean about the inputs. I was playing through Bishomon's tutorial missions and that one where you have to cancel his crouching strong into his EX soul projectile (forgot it's name). I spent half an hour trying to do it, but it would never come out. I was like **** it, I'm sticking with Jedah. lol
---
#8nayr626(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 8:03:24 PM

I see.

I looked up some pro matches and it looked crazy.

From: Bestia_Somnia | Posted: 3/16/2013 7:55:27 PM | #006
Depends how much of a fighting game fan you are. If you're more of a casual player who doesn't stay hooked for long then don't bother because Okami is a masterpiece.

I'm semi casual.

The only fighting game that has really held my interest is SSFIV. SFxT sucked and Umvc3 I just couldn't get into.
---
#9nayr626(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 8:58:06 PM
Damn, this game doesn't pull any punches.

I was playing Lilith's tutorial and it said to TK a motion. How would someone new to the game know what this is? Lol.
---
#10shinra35800Posted 3/16/2013 10:19:52 PM
the same as it was when you first played it :P