This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Which is the worst anti-consumer practice of them all?

#1agrissaPosted 3/17/2013 12:27:12 PM
Pick one: - Results (342 votes)
DLCs
9.94% (34 votes)
Online-passes
11.4% (39 votes)
Digital-only distribution
4.39% (15 votes)
DRM
49.42% (169 votes)
Pre-order exclusives
2.92% (10 votes)
Retailer exclusives
5.56% (19 votes)
Microtransactions
16.37% (56 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What's the worst of the worst evil put out by game companies? You decide! And remember....don't support whatever you vote for. Walk the talk.

InB4CorporateSheep
InB4TCcan'tInB4
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#2JohnHitman47Posted 3/17/2013 12:32:05 PM
Other: Capcom DLCs
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#3BurgerTime79Posted 3/17/2013 12:38:49 PM
Micro transactions, but mostly the BS ones that keep being added to the already horrid cell phone games.

Most of the other ones you listed aren't even anti-consumer. They're just things people cry and complain about without wanting to understand what they actually are.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#4deathslovePosted 3/17/2013 12:40:37 PM
JohnHitman47 posted...

This, only DLCs like color or costumes and selling a collection game for "free" with only 1 game and 10+ $4 DLCs for each of the other games.
#5ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/17/2013 12:40:43 PM
Releasing reboots no one wants.
Hating and blaming your fanbase.
#6agrissa(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 12:41:30 PM
JohnHitman47 posted...

LOL XD

BurgerTime79 posted...
Micro transactions, but mostly the BS ones that keep being added to the already horrid cell phone games.

Most of the other ones you listed aren't even anti-consumer. They're just things people cry and complain about without wanting to understand what they actually are.

We know exactly what they are. They are anti-consumer if the consumers says they are. We suffer because of it and we hate it. The corporations know this but they don't care. This is what anti-consumer means.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
#7MGS5PhantomPainPosted 3/17/2013 12:42:18 PM
DRM by far, making it so legit customers don't actually own their games and have to jump through hoops to play what they paid for. Online passes and day 1 DLC is up there. And digital download only games are kinda the same as DRM since you don't actually own them.
#8agrissa(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 12:44:24 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Releasing reboots no one wants.
Hating and blaming your fanbase.

LOL. At least they got punished for doing those. Sales flopped and terrible PR. Consumers have yet to punish publishers for doing the garbage I listed above.
---
#9BurgerTime79Posted 3/17/2013 12:45:11 PM
agrissa posted...
We know exactly what they are. They are anti-consumer if the consumers says they are. We suffer because of it and we hate it. The corporations know this but they don't care. This is what anti-consumer means.

Just because you label something, doesn't mean that label is the truth. Most of this "suffering" is following the flock of complaining about it. You say the corporations don't care, yet that's your own words, and not theirs. What you call "anti consumer" is mostly "It's not what I want, so I'm going to complain!".

My second choice was DRM. That and the micro transactions are the only things with flipping out over. The rest you (and most people) clearly have no understanding of.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#10deathslovePosted 3/17/2013 12:46:37 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
agrissa posted...

Just because you label something, doesn't mean that label is the truth. Most of this "suffering" is following the flock of complaining about it. You say the corporations don't care, yet that's your own words, and not theirs. What you call "anti consumer" is mostly "It's not what I want, so I'm going to complain!".

My second choice was DRM. That and the micro transactions are the only things with flipping out over. The rest you (and most people) clearly have no understanding of.

Yea...except people keep buying micro transactions so it's not anti-consumer.