This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Which is the worst anti-consumer practice of them all?

#41no2morroPosted 3/17/2013 6:30:44 PM
GoatJugSoup posted...

Game devs should take a page from the book of the guys who did serious sam 3. Part way into it if you are playing the pirated version you get raped by an unkillable machinegun wielding scorpion thing. I was so impressed by that I went out and bought it even though it isn't typically the genre I would play.

Arkham asylum did something similar (not the giant killing scorpion, but it did mess up the game). Apparently you had to glide batman at a certain portion in the game, and he just dropped like a rock and you couldn't progess. Kudos to them for creatively messing up the game.
---
Peasant: What line of business might you be in?
Hopkins: God's Business: witch-finding!-Do you confess?
#42agrissa(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 6:41:50 PM
RBGamer_ posted...
The standard for consoles is 160GB now.
Buying digital nets you TWO copies of the game for the same price.
Have your friend download your copy. BOOM! Now you can play with them online or at ther house.
What's stopping you from bringing your PS3 to a friends house?
What's stopping your friend from coming to your house?
Saves Publishers money? How? By letting people get a free copy when they buy digitally? They still have to pay for the server space as well.
Your digital game can't get damaged.
And your argument of time saving is subjective. It's insanely faster for me to download any game than it is to go to the store and buy it.

ALL fail arguments.

160GB is still way too low. Some games are like 20+GB in size
LOL@ saying you get two copies for digital. By that logic I have millions of copies when I buy physical because I can play the game on every PS3 in the world.
Downloading a copy and/or bringing a PS3 around is waaaaaaayyyy less convenient than bringing just a disk. I'd be willing to pay extra for convenience.
Server space don't cost nearly as much as printing disks and manual, factory space, labour and overhead, transportation. Why do think they are shoving digital games down our throats? Because it's much more cost-efficient for them, DUH~~~
None of my physical game get damaged. Learn to take care of your stuff kiddo.
Some of us have crap connection speeds and can't do anything about it.

/ownage. Lrn2Debate. Look at FACTS.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#43GoatJugSoupPosted 3/18/2013 2:11:56 PM
no2morro posted...
GoatJugSoup posted...

Game devs should take a page from the book of the guys who did serious sam 3. Part way into it if you are playing the pirated version you get raped by an unkillable machinegun wielding scorpion thing. I was so impressed by that I went out and bought it even though it isn't typically the genre I would play.

Arkham asylum did something similar (not the giant killing scorpion, but it did mess up the game). Apparently you had to glide batman at a certain portion in the game, and he just dropped like a rock and you couldn't progess. Kudos to them for creatively messing up the game.

lol that's awesome, didn't hear about that one but I would have been buying the batman games no matter what because I'm a major batman fan.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#44agrissa(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 2:14:54 PM
DRM won by a mile. Well I guess this is the option with no advantages whatsoever to the consumers indeed. With the other options at least you are still getting something.....as ridiculously overpriced that something is.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#45ShinXaguraPosted 3/18/2013 2:19:44 PM
Both
---
To fight is to live. To live is to fight.
#46AnthonM2Posted 3/20/2013 10:04:59 PM(edited)
thesnoopmeister posted...
AnthonM2 posted...
agrissa posted...
AnthonM2 posted...
Who invented DRM? I'm sure it's from a western dev like all the other anti-consumer practices.

Is that true? All of these are invented by Western devs? But Japanese companies are just as horrible at implementing these....just look at Crapcom and their on-disc DLC garbage.

Yeah, but who came up with the idea first, western devs are always looking for anti-consumers ideas, they are evil.

Evil. Ok.

Yes, and the new Xbox (always online-no used games) is the definition of anti-consumer, I hope Sony will not learn from MS and do the same, If only I can kick the west out of this industry, I can only stop buying games from western publishers and I'm doing this now.
#47dj___rollPosted 3/20/2013 11:05:44 PM
Quote:JohnHitman47 posted...
Other: Capcom DLCs

LOL XD

BurgerTime79 posted...
Micro transactions, but mostly the BS ones that keep being added to the already horrid cell phone games.

Most of the other ones you listed aren't even anti-consumer. They're just things people cry and complain about without wanting to understand what they actually are.

We know exactly what they are. They are anti-consumer if the consumers says they are. We suffer because of it and we hate it. The corporations know this but they don't care. This is what anti-consumer means.

@agrissa
The majority of consumers say they aren't. Fact. Using your logic from the post above, that means you are wrong.

/topic due to self defeat
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#48dj___rollPosted 3/20/2013 11:08:23 PM
Quote:BurgerTime79 posted...
agrissa posted...
We know exactly what they are. They are anti-consumer if the consumers says they are. We suffer because of it and we hate it. The corporations know this but they don't care. This is what anti-consumer means.

Just because you label something, doesn't mean that label is the truth. Most of this "suffering" is following the flock of complaining about it. You say the corporations don't care, yet that's your own words, and not theirs. What you call "anti consumer" is mostly "It's not what I want, so I'm going to complain!".

My second choice was DRM. That and the micro transactions are the only things with flipping out over. The rest you (and most people) clearly have no understanding of.

Wow talk about ego-centrism. "Only the stuff I don't like is anti-consumer!" You are guilty of the exact same things you're accusing others of LOL. I don't think you understand any of the stuff listed here.

@agrissa

Why are you complaining about you? That's weird.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#49killakPosted 3/20/2013 11:14:08 PM
The worst anti consumer practice, is dedicating your life to ensuring that people feel vilified for purchasing, liking something, or just being an adult in general.
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#50Pinoy441Posted 3/21/2013 1:23:21 AM
All of these except DRM are somewhat acceptable if done right

DRM Is NEVER done right

Ever

IE. SimCity, Diablo 3, Ubisoft games before they announced dropping PC DRM
---
*grabs popcorn*