This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Which is the worst anti-consumer practice of them all?

#51Evel138Posted 3/21/2013 1:41:28 AM
Evil = for-profit companies seeking to *GASP* make a profit on high demand luxury items.

Entitlement generation.....ready....go.......
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://fav.me/d5g9oo0
#52TheDon1981Posted 3/21/2013 3:33:44 AM
JohnHitman47 posted...
Other: Capcom DLCs

---
LBP2 levels:
Paper Scissors Rock Championship - Mortal Kombat 9 - Ultimate Deathmatch
#53Spetsnaz420Posted 3/21/2013 4:08:47 AM
Companies like Capcom who release the same game with a couple extra characters and add ultimate to the title instead of just selling the characters as DLC

Day 1 DLC is my next choice
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#54este914Posted 3/21/2013 4:22:31 AM
It's obviously DRM..
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#55BahamutRiderPosted 3/21/2013 6:33:01 AM
I would say Always Online, but I guess that files under DRM. See also:

Shutting down servers intentionally leaving no alternative.
Censoring footage, streams, images, even discussion of their games.
Disc-locked content that never gets made/released because people didn't buy "enough."
---
Haseo: C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, I'm right here...TAAAAXIIIIIII!!!!!
#56JohnHitman47Posted 3/21/2013 6:48:52 AM
mmpepsi posted...
deathslove posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...
Other: Capcom DLCs

This, only DLCs like color or costumes and selling a collection game for "free" with only 1 game and 10+ $4 DLCs for each of the other games.

Nope. If you don't like the alternate costumes don't buy them. They aren't an important part of the game.

And don't forget that Capcom has yet to start using Online Passes or Season Passes. Capcom is pretty good compared to most.

Let me go back in time.... oohh i complete a challenge new costume unlock, now with capcom pay 4$ to unlock it.

Online pass - just buy new.
Season pass - it just buying all the dlc at a discount.

Capcom its getting worse with on-disk dlc.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#574sakuraHa0Posted 3/21/2013 7:19:33 AM
DRM !

I can understand the point of having DLC (to prolong game shelf life, though Capcom's practice is untolerable) or exclusives(to encourage early adopters).

But DRM !! It only hurts paying customers.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#58DJGardPosted 3/21/2013 7:19:56 AM
How about releasing a game with 4 preplanned expansion DLC missions - but not bothering to port the final one over to the EU PS3 users because of $$.

Of course this final DLC level also happens to include an update with a new difficulty and level cap increase, item cap increase and some bug updates (one of which fixes the experience point glitch on the third DLC level which we paid for!).

Who done this you ask? the evil Capcom, NO - the diabolical EA, NO

The answer is sweet and innocent TRENDY with Dungeon Defenders and the only game maker I am boycotting due to their big FU to PS3 EU gamers.

At least Capcom and EA actually give you the option to buy any of their additional content and that final choice is up to you as a consumer.
#59nihilist212Posted 3/21/2013 7:22:03 AM
I think it's Digital only. You completely exclude those customers who don't want to/don't have the means of buying digital only games. Of all the options, it's easily the dumbest practice.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#60deprofundis442Posted 3/21/2013 7:40:24 AM
agrissa posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
agrissa posted...
We know exactly what they are. They are anti-consumer if the consumers says they are. We suffer because of it and we hate it. The corporations know this but they don't care. This is what anti-consumer means.

Just because you label something, doesn't mean that label is the truth. Most of this "suffering" is following the flock of complaining about it. You say the corporations don't care, yet that's your own words, and not theirs. What you call "anti consumer" is mostly "It's not what I want, so I'm going to complain!".

My second choice was DRM. That and the micro transactions are the only things with flipping out over. The rest you (and most people) clearly have no understanding of.

Wow talk about ego-centrism. "Only the stuff I don't like is anti-consumer!" You are guilty of the exact same things you're accusing others of LOL. I don't think you understand any of the stuff listed here.

This guy isn't doing any of the stuff you are.
---
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.com