This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need beatem ups.

#31Castiel39Posted 3/18/2013 5:57:47 AM
-Yakuza 3 and 4 (Dead souls is quite like a beatem up too)
-Double Dragon: Neon
-Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 1 and 2
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2 (wait for the Razor's Edge version of 3)
-Heavenly Sword
#32NicodimusPosted 3/18/2013 6:12:32 AM
whats urban reign about?

Beating people up, like most beat-em-ups.
---
My gaming and movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My 8 pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#33GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 6:16:07 AM
Nicodimus posted...
whats urban reign about?

Beating people up, like most beat-em-ups.

what makes it different from other beatem ups?

what does it do to make itself stand out above the rest?

some people here swear by it here it seems....

i wana know some of their perspective.
#34no2morroPosted 3/18/2013 8:00:59 AM
dragond57 posted...
SonOfDolemite posted...
URBAN REIGN. It's THAT good.

This

That.

Seriously, So Awesome That Every Word Of This Sentence Needs To Be Capitalized.
---
Peasant: What line of business might you be in?
Hopkins: God's Business: witch-finding!-Do you confess?
#35GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 11:37:03 AM
no2morro posted...
dragond57 posted...
SonOfDolemite posted...
URBAN REIGN. It's THAT good.

This

That.

Seriously, So Awesome That Every Word Of This Sentence Needs To Be Capitalized.

can some one PLEASE elaborate as to why?
#36no2morroPosted 3/18/2013 4:04:15 PM
Basically, the game plays like Tekken (combo of normal and force mode - but SUPER tight), but on a 3d plane and it moves very well. The dynamics were all quite good (for specials, counters, etc). The characters are well designed, and the story isn't too cheesy (given the genre). It's also quite long.

I haven't played this in about 8 years, so i can't comment much more than that. You'll need to youtube it. I really have good memories of it. One of the best beat 'em ups I've encountered. For context, Double Dragon Advance (GBA) was one of my favorite beat em ups. I also loved Punisher. Got in to Aliens vs Predator, Captain Commando, Final Fight, Streets or Rage and all that too, but Punisher and Double Dragon Advance were my favs among those (as was Urban Reign).

I have fighting force 1 and 2 as well (1 was ridiculously easy though IMO...bit too much spamming of the running jump kick required to get ahead though).
---
Peasant: What line of business might you be in?
Hopkins: God's Business: witch-finding!-Do you confess?
#37GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 9:54:58 PM
no2morro posted...
Basically, the game plays like Tekken (combo of normal and force mode - but SUPER tight), but on a 3d plane and it moves very well. The dynamics were all quite good (for specials, counters, etc). The characters are well designed, and the story isn't too cheesy (given the genre). It's also quite long.

I haven't played this in about 8 years, so i can't comment much more than that. You'll need to youtube it. I really have good memories of it. One of the best beat 'em ups I've encountered. For context, Double Dragon Advance (GBA) was one of my favorite beat em ups. I also loved Punisher. Got in to Aliens vs Predator, Captain Commando, Final Fight, Streets or Rage and all that too, but Punisher and Double Dragon Advance were my favs among those (as was Urban Reign).

I have fighting force 1 and 2 as well (1 was ridiculously easy though IMO...bit too much spamming of the running jump kick required to get ahead though).

ok ok, ill defintily check urban reign.