This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In order to platinum GoW ascension, you need a online pass.

#31digidevilwilPosted 3/17/2013 8:43:29 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
skeithxth posted...
You know you don't have to Platinum the game to either enjoy nor complete it, right?

I would argue with that. Completing a game, from my perspective, means doing everything...not just finishing the single-player story.

If you don't see it that way fine, but there are a lot of people who do.

I would also argue if you're not interested in buying a game new and supporting the people who actually made the game, why should they feel inclined to let you freely access their product?

A used game doesn't even have to be guaranteed to work at all, so whining about losing access to a portion, (which you can still purchase for a stupidly low price) makes little sense.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX
#32_tanjil_Posted 3/17/2013 8:57:09 PM
I'm against online trophies in the first place. Not because they're hard to get or take long, but because it sucks for people who come into the series late and the online is dead.

Well guys who play for trophies probably know that and buy games day1 xD. I'm assuming Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Revelations are impossible to platinum at this point?
#33Stanger5150Posted 3/17/2013 9:03:26 PM
SuperShadowAce posted...
brycemorr posted...
Bebop242 posted...
Shocking news......its not like almost any other Sony, EA, Activision, UBisoft, Microsoft, and Nintendo published game that has been released in the past couple of years......

Fixed

What Nintendo game has online passes?

None.

He's talking out of his ass.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Vanquish- PS3, Super Mario Bros. 2- NES
#34dj___rollPosted 3/17/2013 9:26:16 PM
Quote:I'm against online trophies in the first place. Not because they're hard to get or take long, but because it sucks for people who come into the series late and the online is dead.

Well guys who play for trophies probably know that and buy games day1 xD. I'm assuming Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Revelations are impossible to platinum at this point?

@_tanjil_

It's a virtual trophy... Who ever cares that much has more issues than they think.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerGuides 1.10
#35sean2995Posted 3/17/2013 9:30:08 PM
Microsoft games do have online passes. Its called "Xbox Live".
#36StickyJumperPosted 3/18/2013 6:09:56 AM
ITT: Sad kids who's focus in life is to rack up virtual achievements and little 'badges' to show off to their e-friends
#37anonymous46773Posted 3/18/2013 6:17:05 AM
skeithxth posted...
You know you don't have to Platinum the game to either enjoy nor complete it, right?

---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#38AnonUnknownPosted 3/18/2013 6:19:15 AM
TC has just discovered hot water.
#39Terry-bogardPosted 3/18/2013 6:38:05 AM
zyrax2301 almost posted...
That's not really a surprise nowadays.

It definitely sucks, though. trophies are a blight.

Corrected for accuracy.
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#40ChrisBot2k5Posted 3/18/2013 9:09:42 AM
zyrax2301 posted...
skeithxth posted...

I would argue with that. Completing a game, from my perspective, means doing everything...not just finishing the single-player story.

If you don't see it that way fine, but there are a lot of people who do.

Yeah, its called having OCD. If it bothers you that much then just ignore it.

How would this new generation of gamers have handled the old days when their were no cheevos/trophies and just high scores and completion times?

Microsoft, Sony? What hath thou wrought?
---
"Never ASSUME anything, for it makes an ASS out of U and ME." - Benny Hill