This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bigger disappointment: Ascension or MGS4?

#21flame030191Posted 3/17/2013 9:25:25 PM
Zack_Attackv1 posted...
Weird ass topic and responses.

How are the responses weird? Most gamers actually liked MGS4 and Ascension.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#22dudupupuPosted 3/17/2013 9:31:22 PM
Oh puh-leez. When will people stop the "it makes me look cool to bash objectively good things" fad?

Both games are stellar, MGS4 being better than anything released this entire gen. I didn't make up this claim; it holds objectively that anyone disagreeing that MGS4 is a liar and only trying to gain pointless interweb points.
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#23Thor61Posted 3/17/2013 9:32:50 PM
MGS 4 was regarded as the best thing since sliced bread when it came out on the PS3. Then as the PS3 started getting more games there were more people that showed dislike for MGS4. God of War is like, yeah another God of War game, whatever. No hype whatsoever and expectations were way lower with God of War A. The 2 situations aren't even comparable.
#24flame030191Posted 3/17/2013 9:36:54 PM
dudupupu posted...
Oh puh-leez. When will people stop the "it makes me look cool to bash objectively good things" fad?

Both games are stellar, MGS4 being better than anything released this entire gen. I didn't make up this claim; it holds objectively that anyone disagreeing that MGS4 is a liar and only trying to gain pointless interweb points.

I disagree that it's the best PS3 game. It's the only MGS game I liked at all (besides MGS on PS1) and has a good story, but I feel God of War 3, Uncharted, and other games on PS3 are better designed and more fun to play.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#25velvet_hammerPosted 3/17/2013 10:10:32 PM(edited)
work_a_holic posted...
I actually played MGS4 to get to the next cutscene. I loved them.

this plus there isnt anything on the market like a MGS game..
---
"F*** weed, I'm smoking Bob Marley's ashes."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6svFbckq5s
#26diebuster2Posted 3/17/2013 10:10:18 PM
ManuKesna posted...
this topic

---
You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. - Harvey Dent.
#27DocDeliciousPosted 3/17/2013 11:16:46 PM
Neither?
MGS4 is just as good as the rest of the Metal Gear games.

GoW has always had its bar set very low so it's kind of impossible for it to be a disappointment. As long as there's button mashing, "press X to win" QTEs and generic action sequences the kiddies will get their rocks off.
---
Disgaea 4, Metal Gear Rising, Valkyria Chronicles, Grand Theft Auto IV, Tomb Raider 2013, Vanquish, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Urban Trials, Monster Hunter FU