This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Goddammit, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth is amazing

#11Darth RustitoPosted 3/17/2013 10:36:51 PM
Incredible game.
---
Be safe at night--sleep with a cop.
#12theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:39:01 PM
cdaro posted...
Yeah. It may seem like it's pretty strict at first, but you can actually get away with a lot and keep Odin happy. You don't even have to give him a single artifact throughout the game. As long as you send up a guy that meats the requirements for that act, you're good.

Yup. The game is restrictive in some ways, but it actually gives you a lot of freedom at the same time.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#13TyrantLowKeyPosted 3/17/2013 10:39:03 PM
I didn't like the open ended ness. Made me feel like I'd screw it all up plus there were other games I got into but yeah that game has massive potential just not sure it's my cup of tea or whether I can afford to sink time into it.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#14theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:40:49 PM
TyrantLowKey posted...
I didn't like the open ended ness. Made me feel like I'd screw it all up plus there were other games I got into but yeah that game has massive potential just not sure it's my cup of tea or whether I can afford to sink time into it.

It can actually be a really short game. It all depends on how you play through it.

It's very hard to screw up. In order to get the "Bad" ending, you basically need to do nothing at all in order to obtain this ending. The regular ending is obtained by playing the game... well, regularly. Ending A requires some planning and FAQ checking, though.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#15THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 3/17/2013 10:42:32 PM
I've only played the PS1 version. Is the psp version any different outside of nice CG?
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#16Thor61Posted 3/17/2013 10:48:16 PM
I remember playing the PS1 version years ago. It was really fun but then later in the game the difficulty spikes 5 times and it becomes really hard.
#17THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 3/17/2013 10:49:54 PM
Thor61 posted...
I remember playing the PS1 version years ago. It was really fun but then later in the game the difficulty spikes 5 times and it becomes really hard.

There was this stupid cloud boss who spammed this move called Gravity Blessing.....Far from a blessing.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#18MelficeSeph2Posted 3/17/2013 10:52:31 PM
Agreed! I love the Valkyrie Profile games and would love Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist to come out. Silmeria came out in what 2006? It's been too long.

A minor addition that I would like to post, I met Veronica Taylor last year (Voice of the original Ash Ketchum and Freya) and had her sign my copy of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. *Is still souped!*
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#19carsaucePosted 3/17/2013 10:56:06 PM
I need this game again, especially on my Vita :)
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#20theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 11:38:31 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
I've only played the PS1 version. Is the psp version any different outside of nice CG?

Nope.
---