This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You cannot perform background download of this content

#1Vohn_ExelPosted 3/17/2013 10:35:46 PM
I don't get why they don't have it set so that you can download ANY files as background content, especially for game patches! I thought I'd check out LBP 2 since I haven't in a few months and suddenly there's a 995 MB update! I have fairly terribly internet so it's gonna take me a while to download that! It wouldn't be a problem if I could just have it DL while I'm doing something else on the console.

At least just make it so that I can set my PS3 to turn off when it's done downloading so I can leave it on while I sleep. I'm not gonna enjoy having to leave my PS3 on just to download a patch like this and then eventually have to get up and turn it off. Is there any special reason they have to have these files where you can't do anything else with them, even set the console to turn off when they're done?
---
Black FC: 0003 3193 6389/
I have nothing witty to put here
#2CrimsonGear80Posted 3/17/2013 10:37:50 PM
get PS+. You can auto-download patches overnight.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#3Vohn_Exel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:43:03 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Ah so that's why, they want you to pay? Makes sense. Well, this won't be the first time I've suffered through a company's attempt to irritate me into paying. I have an android device, after all. I can wait.
---
#4gtaking5Posted 3/17/2013 10:46:27 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Ah so that's why, they want you to pay? Makes sense. Well, this won't be the first time I've suffered through a company's attempt to irritate me into paying. I have an android device, after all. I can wait.

I've never used the auto download stuff with PS+, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like "download in background" content.
---
She had her mind somewhere elsewhere, in a world without a care
Riding on a starlit beam into a lost dimension
#5ColdmacePosted 3/17/2013 11:04:12 PM
Somewhere in the "Settings" menu there is an option where you can tell your PS3 to power itself off if there has been no activity for "X" amount of time. I'm not sure if downloading counts as activity, but it should be a simple enough thing for you to test.
#6CrimsonGear80Posted 3/18/2013 1:18:53 AM
Ah so that's why, they want you to pay?

no, it's just a feature. the normal way of patching has been the same since the PS3 launch.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#7Zack_Attackv1Posted 3/18/2013 2:05:51 AM
lol @ tc pretending to know what he's talking about.
---
|L|A|y|l|A|
My anti-drug
#8AjescentPosted 3/18/2013 4:41:21 AM
gtaking5 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...

I've never used the auto download stuff with PS+, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like "download in background" content.

It does.
---
I survived the Apocalyps3 and the Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.
If my speilling or grammar sucks, it's the fault of my Vita Touchscreen.
#9cirkmetroidPosted 3/18/2013 6:21:16 AM
Vohn_Exel posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Yeah, because clearly that's the only benefit to PS+

Hah.
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
.....still really hoping there will be more Legacy of Kain games...somehow!
#10Vohn_Exel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 6:37:49 AM
cirkmetroid posted...
Vohn_Exel posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Yeah, because clearly that's the only benefit to PS+

Hah.

It might not be the only benefit, but if it was witheld so that PS+ has it as a benefit, I can do without it. I just think that the way the system works now isn't very good. I should at least be able to tell the system to turn off after the download is finished. That would make me happy by itself.
---