This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever finished a game you didn't like and if so why did you do it?

#1Bancario51Posted 3/18/2013 12:47:22 AM
I finished Blades of Time. That game was so bad, I kept lying to myself that it would get better and that the Konami name would not fail me but it did.
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#2flame030191Posted 3/18/2013 12:50:52 AM
Kingdom Hearts 1. I kept hearing "it gets better later!" then the ending came.

Not buying any more KH games again... Ever...
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#3velvet_hammerPosted 3/18/2013 12:57:22 AM
DmC

So all the fools who cry people trash the game never played it have zero merit
---
"F*** weed, I'm smoking Bob Marley's ashes."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6svFbckq5s
#4warrenmatsPosted 3/18/2013 12:59:17 AM
i recent memory, Silent Hill 4.
---
:D
#5James_NizzlePosted 3/18/2013 12:59:38 AM
FF13. The game was alright, but it didn't really click with me. I finished it because I vowed to play and beat every RPG I start. I no longer go by that rule. I dropped FF13-2 pretty fast and never looked back.
---
RPGs Fill the void inside me
#6Seifer_usPosted 3/18/2013 12:59:54 AM
Several times. I want to be able to judge a game based on the entirety of the product and not just a portion. I want to be able to offer a meaningful review to friends who are considering it and not just say, "Oh, it was lame". I also sometimes can't help but wonder if a bad game may improve as I get further into it. There are lots of reasons really.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#7DocDeliciousPosted 3/18/2013 1:03:26 AM
Many times.
I go into every new game completely open-minded and I finish every game I start (eventually) but sometimes I end up just not liking them.
---
Disgaea 4, Metal Gear Rising, Valkyria Chronicles, Grand Theft Auto IV, Tomb Raider 2013, Vanquish, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Urban Trials, Monster Hunter FU
#8BigSaltyDookiePosted 3/18/2013 1:03:45 AM
Plenty of time. The most recent was probably Resident Evil 6. Awful awful game but finished it just because I've finished every RE game I've ever played. Would have felt weird to stop in the middle of it but after finishing it I sorta wish I had. Just a total waste of time.

I used to make myself finish bad games like Final Fantasy games or Metal Gear games just because of hype. Tried way too hard to convince myself I was missing something about them but there came a point when I realized they were just overrated s*** and stopped buying into the hype.
#9XeonGQPosted 3/18/2013 1:05:08 AM
Yes, several times.

If I've already invested a good amount of time into a game before I really realize how much I dislike it, I'd feel that time spent would have been wasted if I don't finish it. So I'll just go ahead and continue to the end.

It just annoys me to me leave something unfinished I guess.
#10XWolfOPosted 3/18/2013 1:05:53 AM
Never. If I happen to buy a game I don't like, I get rid of it before finishing it.
---
It's-a me!