This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Persona 4 Arena dated for Europe

#21white windPosted 3/18/2013 4:39:59 AM
I have decided long ago not to buy it, even though we have the option to import from US, this is BS
---
PSN: ghattas
#22RyuuHou25Posted 3/18/2013 7:55:07 AM
Still failing to see why everyone is blaming Atlus here.....

Atlus doesn't have a European branch, they've never, to my knowledge, published any of their games there themselves, it's always been someone else doing it.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#23namethatno1usesPosted 3/18/2013 7:58:10 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...

Atlus doesn't have a European branch.

NISA has no EU branch. All NISA games are released in EU, and not months/years later.

They've never, to my knowledge, published any of their games there themselves, it's always been someone else doing it.

Bingo. Why not? EU hate is why.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#24RyuuHou25Posted 3/18/2013 8:21:09 AM
namethatno1uses posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

NISA has no EU branch. All NISA games are released in EU, and not months/years later.

They've never, to my knowledge, published any of their games there themselves, it's always been someone else doing it.

Probably has something to do with Koei/Square and other big name companies handling those in EU for the majority of the time NIS has been in existence. They didn't open their own EU branch until 2010/11 there.

It has nothing to do with hate, that's just ridiculous, you could claim that for any company that doesn't have headquarters in every single country in the entire world >.<
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#25HakuPosted 3/18/2013 9:07:44 AM(edited)
RyuuHou25 posted...
namethatno1uses posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Probably has something to do with Koei/Square and other big name companies handling those in EU for the majority of the time NIS has been in existence. They didn't open their own EU branch until 2010/11 there.

It has nothing to do with hate, that's just ridiculous, you could claim that for any company that doesn't have headquarters in every single country in the entire world >.<

They locked the game, blocking Europe out. They have the honour of being the first to region lock a retail ps3 game, that's enough reason for hate.

Also don't give me the whole, it was done to stop reverse importing from the NA to Japan. It's not all or nothing. They could have quite easily made the Japanese version, Japan + the other Asian regions it was intended for. NA version, everyone one else. There you go, reverse importation blocked, without kicking Europe, but nope they chose to lock Europe out.
#26digitalwill2000Posted 3/18/2013 9:14:15 AM
Zurrur posted...
Im sure they had very good reason to region lock this game
Thanks Atlus, i know you were working very hard for this, gonna pre-order it now

So hows that **** of theirs tasting all the way down your throat?
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#27Rasen543Posted 3/18/2013 9:15:50 AM
1: Atlus doesn't think their games have a market in Europe, no EU branch

2: When games finally do come over, people get mad and don't buy them

3: Go back to step 1.
---
Official Kodama of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#28DarkSymbiotePosted 3/18/2013 9:19:43 AM
I don't care about it anymore. What kind of publishers are these?
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#29monkeypahngPosted 3/18/2013 9:25:40 AM
Haku posted...

They locked the game, blocking Europe out. They have the honour of being the first to region lock a retail ps3 game, that's enough reason for hate.

Also don't give me the whole, it was done to stop reverse importing from the NA to Japan. It's not all or nothing. They could have quite easily made the Japanese version, Japan + the other Asian regions it was intended for. NA version, everyone one else. There you go, reverse importation blocked, without kicking Europe, but nope they chose to lock Europe out.

Don't think you thought that idea through. Your idea doesn't prevent reverse importing at all.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Also EU isn't taken in consideration because they don't have a publishing branch that handles the EU.

Rasen543 posted...

Pretty much. Then those people that don't buy them are always the first ones to complain about the delays.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#30DarkSymbiotePosted 3/18/2013 9:28:33 AM
monkeypahng posted...
Haku posted...

Don't think you thought that idea through. Your idea doesn't prevent reverse importing at all.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Also EU isn't taken in consideration because they don't have a publishing branch that handles the EU.

Rasen543 posted...

Pretty much. Then those people that don't buy them are always the first ones to complain about the delays.

Exactly. I was interested in the game but it's been so damn long. Also, a EU branch is not needed. CD Projekt doesn't have a branch outside of Poland.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn