This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which games has set pieces and terms of scale as impressive as God of War 3?

#1HerrxPosted 3/18/2013 6:28:49 AM
I was wondering which game can compare to God Of War 3 when it comes to setpieces and terms of scale?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2L0rdCrumpPosted 3/18/2013 6:38:01 AM
Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Tomb Raider.
God of War Ascension.

Metal Gear Rising first chapter is a awesome set piece and large boss, but past that not really.
Castlevania has Titan Bosses but no set pieces iirc.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#3Azure_lKitePosted 3/18/2013 6:40:16 AM
L0rdCrump posted...
God of War Ascension.

Metal Gear Rising first chapter is a awesome set piece and large boss, but past that not really.

What this guys said.

The final boss of GoW:A is like the Poseidon battle on steroids... Probably the most impressive set-piece I ever saw in a game.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#4razidPosted 3/18/2013 6:44:40 AM
Shadow of the colossus I suppose
---
Even a smile is charity
#5DestinPosted 3/18/2013 7:46:43 AM
L0rdCrump posted...
God of War Ascension.

Uncharted has some decent ones but the series is a distant second compared to GoW3.
---
Destin the Valiant
#6Succulent_FartsPosted 3/18/2013 8:05:01 AM
There is absolutely no game that conveys scale as effectively as the God of War Series. Conveying scale is so much more than just making something big. It has to feel big, and God of War does this better than any other game

Uncharted has some amazing Set Piece moments, but it doesn't convey scale on the level of God of War. If you want mind blowing scale, then check out Ascension. However, you should still check out the Uncharted Games man. They are definitely amazing and I actually think you may enjoy some of the moments that involve scale. They are a bit different seeing they are more grounded in reality, rather than fantasy as in GoW, but they can be fantastic nonetheless. Check them out

Uncharted 3 conveys scale the best, Uncharted 2 touches on scale a bit, and the Original has a couple of scale moments, but nothing to really go crazy over. It is still my fave of the 3 though. Check out these games, but Ascension is your best bet
---
A plethora of farts a day keep almost everyone away. Especially if they are stinky
#7Horntown21Posted 3/18/2013 8:24:39 AM
Ninja blade
---
(Random girl) Why do they call you Horntown?
(Me) I don't know, why do they call you random girl?
#8tonyalmaedaPosted 3/18/2013 8:29:40 AM
Asura's Wrath I guess
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#9ChrisBot2k5Posted 3/18/2013 9:14:53 AM
Asura's Wrath is the only correct answer. Especially since it has many setpeices whose scale absolutely shames anything in GoW.
---
"Never ASSUME anything, for it makes an ASS out of U and ME." - Benny Hill
#10L0rdCrumpPosted 3/18/2013 2:09:13 PM
I forgot about Asura's Wrath, I beat that game a few times. Nothing bigger than Galactic sized enemies who poke the planet with their finger.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|