This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any straight gamers enjoy having homosexual relationships in videogames?

#1JessicaJungxoPosted 3/18/2013 10:39:15 AM
For the few games where the player as an option to engage in hetero or homosexual relations (most notably Mass Effect and the Sims), do you find yourself choosing the option to be in a homosexual relationship? Why?
---
PSN: Rutgers Student XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Now playing Demon's Souls! (at this rate, forever)
#2Crimson SkysPosted 3/18/2013 10:44:57 AM(edited)
So what if they do? I don't know what this topic is getting at...
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3toadiemanPosted 3/18/2013 10:45:28 AM
No. It's gross.
---
PSN: toadieman
#4JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:47:58 AM
Crimson Skys posted...

I'm not trying to offend any group of people, just curious why straight gamers would choose to have a homosexual relationship in a game. Maybe for laughs? To change things up?
---
PSN: Rutgers Student XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Now playing Demon's Souls! (at this rate, forever)
#5Caer_DeathPosted 3/18/2013 10:48:10 AM
While I can't think of any games I've played with the option, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Way too many people get confused and think that a player HAS to live vicariously through the character. That would fail to explain why any peaceful people would enjoy blowing stuff up in a game. Very few games actually come close to giving a sort of vicarious thrill, because even characters as blank as Link are too constructed to feel like you the player are them.

Bringing it back to the topic, I don't think that a straight person in real life playing as a gay character is anything abnormal or would suggest that they themselves are gay.
---
The circle of life was founded by the god of America. Love it or leave it!
#6StockpileThomasPosted 3/18/2013 10:48:25 AM
Only if i'm playing a lady character :P
#7Caer_DeathPosted 3/18/2013 10:50:00 AM
toadieman posted...
No. It's gross.

As are you if you're straight. The only non-gross group are asexual eunuchs.
---
The circle of life was founded by the god of America. Love it or leave it!
#8xxxRemmyxxxPosted 3/18/2013 10:50:25 AM
I like playing a lesbian from time to time. Mostly I just like to see girls making out. I don't even care if they show a sex scene or not. As long as they make out, that's good enough for me. I got a thing for that.
#9Crimson SkysPosted 3/18/2013 10:51:21 AM
JessicaJungxo posted...
Crimson Skys posted...

I'm not trying to offend any group of people, just curious why straight gamers would choose to have a homosexual relationship in a game. Maybe for laughs? To change things up?

Both probably.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#10TomoEK9Posted 3/18/2013 11:10:56 AM
xxxRemmyxxx posted...
I like playing a lesbian from time to time. Mostly I just like to see girls making out. I don't even care if they show a sex scene or not. As long as they make out, that's good enough for me. I got a thing for that.

This.

But to be fair and equitable, male homosexual relationships need to exist as well. So I don't mind guy on guy in a game as long as girl on girl exists as well.