This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Confirm/Deny: You're tired of waiting for Final Fantasy Versus XIII

#1theofficefan99Posted 3/18/2013 10:45:32 AM
Confirm/Deny: You're tired of waiting for Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Results (276 votes)
Confirm. WTF Square Enix, bring the game out already.
73.91% (204 votes)
Deny. They can develop the game for as long as they want.
26.09% (72 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As you all know, the game was revealed nearly 7 years ago and it's still not out. No release date. Not even a ballpark one. The last trailer we got was in January 2011 and that was using an old build and everything was unfinished.

I personally am tired of waiting for this game.

What about you guys?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2PMCkubrickPosted 3/18/2013 10:47:31 AM
stopped caring a while ago, stopped even more after ff13-2 was released
#3theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:49:58 AM
PMCkubrick posted...
stopped caring a while ago, stopped even more after ff13-2 was released

I don't blame you, considering that the XIII-2 announcement trailer was revealed at the same time as the last Versus XIII trailer.

XIII-2 got its marketing blitz, had its few months of DLC, then its sequel was announced...

...and still no Versus XIII trailer.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:54:02 AM
Bump.

I'm guessing most, if not all, of the "Deny"'s in this topic are from people who don't even care about Final Fantasy. Don't be lame, guys.
---
#5SightoPosted 3/18/2013 10:55:00 AM
I prefer not to think about things I'm excited for that are so far off.
I put them out of mind until it's just a few days away.

Actively waiting and being hyped for something isn't going to make it come any faster.
It's much easier on myself that way and I make the most of my time.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#6CassyChanPosted 3/18/2013 10:56:27 AM
Deny. Within reason they can take as long as they want, so long as it's up to the quality of the older games and comparable in amount of content then I don't mind waiting a few more years. Of course I'd prefer it sooner rather than later, but a good game that's late is better than a game that comes out on time but will always suck.
#7deprofundis442Posted 3/18/2013 11:01:13 AM
I'm tired of hoping it'll come I suppose. If it does finally come, I'll probably get excited, but until then, I don't even think about it anymore.
---
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.com
#8theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 11:03:59 AM
CassyChan posted...
Deny. Within reason they can take as long as they want, so long as it's up to the quality of the older games and comparable in amount of content then I don't mind waiting a few more years. Of course I'd prefer it sooner rather than later, but a good game that's late is better than a game that comes out on time but will always suck.

They've had more than enough time, though. 7 years is far more than enough. I know they didn't actually start development until 2008/2009 (and even at that time they barely did anything), but that doesn't excuse it.

At the very least, they could be updating us with screens, info and trailers. Unfortunately, because Square Enix thought they could get away with releasing an unfinished, terribly designed game, and it backfired hard, and because they want to milk Lightning, Versus XIII has to wait it out.
---
#9darkshadowmasterPosted 3/18/2013 11:05:42 AM
D:
But only because I never cared about it anyway, granted I'm sure I'll get it.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#10SightoPosted 3/18/2013 11:11:57 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
They've had more than enough time, though. 7 years is far more than enough. I know they didn't actually start development until 2008/2009 (and even at that time they barely did anything), but that doesn't excuse it.

At the very least, they could be updating us with screens, info and trailers. Unfortunately, because Square Enix thought they could get away with releasing an unfinished, terribly designed game, and it backfired hard, and because they want to milk Lightning, Versus XIII has to wait it out.

Clearly they have no idea what they're doing.
Whoever could compare to GameFAQs poster, theofficefan99?
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif