This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Confirm/Deny: You're tired of waiting for Final Fantasy Versus XIII

#61MageSwordoPosted 3/19/2013 3:59:00 PM
Persephone42 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Persephone42 posted...
The latest report I saw online was that Versus was being retooled to be a multi-player game. They showed footage of such. I can understand SE wanting to cash in on all the interest in Versus, but good grief, if it was going to be an MMO whatever, I wouldn't have considered it in the first place.

Huh?

Where the hell did you hear this?

Hi ... Please don't lash out at me, I'm just a fellow fan like you. I respect that you are one too. I'll be more than happy to look through my history files for the article announcing this. This was somewhere around the holiday break, so this will take a bit of time, or might, I'm not sure yet. But I'm happy to contribute whatever I can. Nothing would make me happier than to find out that this is just a rumor, as I was very let down when I heard this.

Many of you here know much more about current gens than I, so perhaps we can all unveil the truth together somewhere in all this.

The latest rumor is that it has changed to become FFXV for the PS4. Since that system will have a greater focus on social networking, and features for people to join in your games in different ways, there may be multiplayer aspects in this game now.
---
That's right.
#62pureradiancePosted 3/19/2013 4:01:33 PM
Deny. I can wait forever because I don't care if the game releases or not.
---
PSN ID: pristine20
#63Fiery101Posted 3/19/2013 4:03:55 PM
I'd say the chances that Versus or FF15 will suck are 99.95 percent. Remember Duke Nukem Forever? Yeah...that.

I feel like the company just threw in the towel about 10 years ago. The series is like a bell curve and it peaked in the 90's. The new games aren't any better than Final Fantasy 1 & 2. Worse, I'd say. Just a downward trend into hell.
#64pureradiancePosted 3/19/2013 4:06:54 PM
Fiery101 posted...
I'd say the chances that Versus or FF15 will suck are 99.95 percent. Remember Duke Nukem Forever? Yeah...that.

I feel like the company just threw in the towel about 10 years ago. The series is like a bell curve and it peaked in the 90's. The new games aren't any better than Final Fantasy 1 & 2. Worse, I'd say. Just a downward trend into hell.

They did not throw in the towel. They're learning from Nintendo, the best in Japan. Rehashes and remakes make the most money....that's where it's at. Creating whole new games every single time? Hells no!
---
PSN ID: pristine20
#65Fiery101Posted 3/19/2013 4:12:36 PM
pureradiance posted...
Fiery101 posted...

They did not throw in the towel. They're learning from Nintendo, the best in Japan. Rehashes and remakes make the most money....that's where it's at. Creating whole new games every single time? Hells no!

That is a good theory, but I don't think it has been working. They've been taking huge financial hits by scrapping and reworking things. Right now 13 was redone. 14 was done, flopped, cancelled, and entirely redone. And now it sounds like 15 is going to be another 14. That can't be cheap.
#66Persephone42Posted 3/19/2013 4:28:49 PM
Bad news, I located the podcast, but it said unavailable now. I can only give an example; the visual of the MMORPG segment looked very much like the section of this video that occurs at 3:34, except the action took place on a brighter, open street, and there were more characters fighting. While only several seconds long, I noted that Noctis and two other characters were clearly visable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOR8xEkiO14

There were no overdrive graphics on the right-hand side of the screen, as if the ATB was deleted.

None of the info I've seen in the months since has mentioned a MMORPG aspect, so am now wondering if it was a mock-up hoax, but if it was, it was a damn good one, as the graphics looked just like those in this video ... just a slightly different setting, lighting, and with more players. And yes I'm 100% sure the podcast was referring to Versus, not XIV.

Sorry I wasn't better help. Will still see if I can find the show via other means, if you'd like.