This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CONFIRMED: No single player DLC for Last of Us

#1SixSixSevenEighPosted 3/18/2013 1:39:00 PM
Arne Meyer: "...only going to be multiplayer focused. We're not looking at single player DLC."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/396606/the-last-of-us-campaign-is-12-16-hours-long/
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#2LIsJusticePosted 3/18/2013 1:41:49 PM
Good
---
Won't change this sig until Alan Wake 2 is announced- Started 3/11/12
#3zerooo0Posted 3/18/2013 1:42:06 PM
How do you do a "Heart symbol"?

Oh well, I love Naughty Dog.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Sinestro
#4AssaultMonkey9Posted 3/18/2013 1:42:51 PM
If the game is finished, theres no reason for single player DLC. I dont need EVERY game to have a survival/horde mode. In narrative heavy games, ship the game when you have everything, including the ending, on the disc
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, AC3
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#5DelsinRowePosted 3/18/2013 1:43:01 PM
You know DLC practices are being abused like hell when you have to confirm something like this.
---
You are not in control.
#6ShinXaguraPosted 3/18/2013 1:44:23 PM(edited)
AssaultMonkey9 posted...
If the game is finished, theres no reason for single player DLC. I dont need EVERY game to have a survival/horde mode. In narrative heavy games, ship the game when you have everything, including the ending, on the disc

This. I agree
---
To fight is to live. To live is to fight.
#7BurgerTime79Posted 3/18/2013 1:47:51 PM
I won't be buying DLC for this game thing. I don't do online multiplayer in the vast majority of my games. It's the huge focus on MP in all the marketing that turned me away from the new God of War.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#8ScarletSpidey1Posted 3/18/2013 1:54:08 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
I won't be buying DLC for this game thing. I don't do online multiplayer in the vast majority of my games. It's the huge focus on MP in all the marketing that turned me away from the new God of War.

Even though reviewers and customers are saying it is the longest single player out of the whole God of War franchise?
---
The Official Hero for Hire, Luke Cage. The Power Man of GameFaqs
#9flame030191Posted 3/18/2013 1:56:40 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...

Even though God of War's Single Player is long and satisfying?

The only reason it's getting hate is because it shows a human side to Kratos, not the vengeful god you see in the original trilogy.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#10BurgerTime79Posted 3/18/2013 2:00:31 PM
ScarletSpidey1 posted...
Even though reviewers and customers are saying it is the longest single player out of the whole God of War franchise?

We're finding this out now, not months ago and while all the media groups were reporting about the multiplayer elements. If the single player is so long, then why a multiplayer only demo? All signs up until release pointed to more of a focus on multiplayer, making it sound like they weren't putting much effort into the single player.
I'll get the game eventually, but they lost a sale on release day from me, and I own every game in the series except for that 5 game collection. Which I likely won't get because they included the PSP titles as digital downloads.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking