This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Huff Po says EA CEO quit due to Sim City disaster

#11PhaseSlaethePosted 3/18/2013 2:12:06 PM
DarKxReckoninG posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Well, that was fast for someone to spill the beans.

Probably some gamers overreacted and started sending him death threats or something immature like that.

When you shell out $60, get no game to play, get BANNED for bringing that fact up, yeah. You deserve to be pissed.

So your saying that you would be on the side of somebody who sends death threats to a company CEO over $60?

If you are, and I understood that correctly, your a piece of crap. If you aren't, and I misunderstood, then ignore this.

I'm siding with the consumers who rightfully protested.

Zerooo didn't mention anything legit to begin with. Thus, the idea that there were death threats stems from past events and from a very small minority.

Also, NOBODY in that minority is smart enough to target the CEO. Or to even know HOW to.
#12kcheung5440Posted 3/18/2013 3:04:25 PM
I read that SimCity sold 1.5M first week. They should have given that guy a raise- it doesn't matter what new awful things EA dreams up, because we line up wallets out.
---
The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...
#13boredofyouPosted 3/18/2013 3:30:54 PM
This may seem rather inflammatory but..
I'm always curious how much protest does it actually take to get results? See, there are tons of people, even here on gamefaqs that protest and nothing changes..

Let someone make a death threat though..

I just wanna go on record here. I do not support making death threats. I only ask the question because the place protesters have to go to in order to effect change seems to be.. Right to the edge of sanity or beyond.

EA CEO quitting doesn't seem like it will change much of their business practices. I will say if I paid 60$ and didn't get a working product I'd be mad. I think anyone who wasn't needs to be checked for a pulse!

Sad to see all this though.. I really would like an updated version of SimCity. I used to love that game..
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#14sonicteam2k1Posted 3/18/2013 3:44:16 PM
the next guy will either get fired or quit as well. EA would be an awful place to be an CEO. first off, the gaming community hates you, this will lead to poor sales, and it's bad enough you rehash madden over and over, then shareholders will be unpleased. so only two options, quit or get fired.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#15ShockG707Posted 3/18/2013 4:00:54 PM
Good riddance. I do recall seeing a picture of this guy with the most evil smirk one could imagine, perfect case of "A picture is worth a thousand words".
#16chrombotPosted 3/18/2013 4:17:59 PM
kcheung5440 posted...
I read that SimCity sold 1.5M first week. They should have given that guy a raise- it doesn't matter what new awful things EA dreams up, because we line up wallets out.

Except the vision of the game was to build it and make more money. Mountains of bad press and thousands demanding refunds is bad. It doesn't grow the brand. The future of that game was downloading more content and getting the loyal customers to put more money into the game.

EA invested money to make this happen. It was what they were betting on They failed to accomplish this. So much more work has to be done to salvage what they have.
#17Video_Game_CzarPosted 3/18/2013 4:20:51 PM
Karma is a mother...what's sad, SimCity is still selling
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#18coolsurfer800Posted 3/18/2013 4:28:14 PM
I still don't understand why most CEOs of videogame companies are old men. They are so out of touch with the gaming demographic that it's no wonder they fail.
---
No, John. You are the demons.
PSN = chuckyhacks
#19Great_Pudding_3Posted 3/18/2013 4:30:02 PM
Unless he personally is responsible for the always online design, I think him leaving is pointless. There must be more applicable people responsible.

Though it certainly sends a message.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#20RockSauronPosted 3/18/2013 4:30:23 PM
I doubt that.

Sim City has sold much more than they expected.

furthermore, from a business perspective, this is nothing compared to Star Wars: The Old Republic (the most expensive game ever) going Free to Play in under a year. So I'd imagine it'd be something more long term, like the money poured into an MMO that, for all intents and purposes, failed to meet (sales) expectations than something that happened a week ago.
---
Hi. I rawk.