This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a situation

#1kalibre16Posted 3/18/2013 2:15:27 PM
It seems I'm running out of space on my PS3 with only 8800 MB's Left, the PSN store wouldn't let me download vanquish (it was free so I figured why not)

Anyways I did the calculations and I'm only using 262 GB but my hard drive is supposed to be 320GB so I'm wondering what else is in there (I counted Music, Videos, Games, Demos, Bubbles, Time Trials everything lol)

So I know I can't be the only one in this situation or who's had this happen at some point so what should I do, I really don't want to start deleting stuff (then I'll have to re-download if I want to play again) is there a way I can put some games on an external hard drive or the videos perhaps and play them from there?

These are my stats as far as I can see them, I'll take any suggestions

52 GB Video
2 GB Music
15GB PS3 Games
7 GB PSX
63 GB PS+ Games
65 GB Demos
58 GB Bubbles
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 3/18/2013 2:17:06 PM
Externalize the videos. Duh.

Check Game Data for things you don't really need.
#3flame030191Posted 3/18/2013 2:17:16 PM
You never get to use the full amount of the Hard Drive. A certain percentage is used for system files.

My 250GB HDD only allows me to access a little less than 225GB.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#4_alcheimPosted 3/18/2013 2:49:11 PM
also, game data (dlc, patches, installs) take up space as well.
#5kalibre16(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:26:23 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Externalize the videos. Duh.

Check Game Data for things you don't really need.

Well that would free up quite a bit of space but then I'll have to connect something everytime I want to see my videos I guess its not too bad though

How do I check my game data?
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#6carsaucePosted 3/18/2013 10:30:36 PM
Delete things, this is what I did, and the download is worth it, of couse I will buy this game just to save space for later on epic games, but this is worth it for now! Seriously 52 gb of video, make a sacrifice and let go of some videos, dude!
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#7kalibre16(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:39:17 PM
carsauce posted...
Delete things, this is what I did, and the download is worth it, of couse I will buy this game just to save space for later on epic games, but this is worth it for now! Seriously 52 gb of video, make a sacrifice and let go of some videos, dude!

I suppose but I spent so much effort organizing and switching up the thumbnails lol but that will free up some space so I'll look into it thanks for all the input guys
---
---