This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of these did Capcom messed up the most?

#11darkness1018Posted 3/19/2013 12:18:30 AM
Ill go with cancelling MML3 as i liked RE 6 and DmC.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#12ZetgobPosted 3/19/2013 12:23:05 AM
I don't really blame them for Legends. Inafune left the company and he was one of the biggest supporters for it. It's risky enough to bring in someone new, but add to the fact that the first two ML's were massive financial failures? It just wasn't worth the risk. People act like ML has this huge fanbase, but if it exists they certainly weren't around for the original games launches.

It seems like a series that would actually benefit from a Kickstarter style thing to prove people would pay money for it, but then people will complain big business is taking over KS...
#13Junpei_StupeiPosted 3/19/2013 12:25:29 AM
DmC.

Giving a Japanese franchise to a Western developer is the Ultimate Sin!

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#14Junpei_StupeiPosted 3/19/2013 3:52:59 AM
Resident Evil too.

They gave Operation Raccoon City to a Western dev that knows nothing but gun-blazing action.

Good thing it was only a spin-off. Let's just pretend it never existed...

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#15Terry-bogardPosted 3/19/2013 3:58:22 AM
Street fighter starting from SF4. They didn't have the balls to continue where godlike 3rd strike left them.
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#16AnonUnknownPosted 3/19/2013 5:08:57 AM
Street Fighter x Tekken and its asinine DLC policy.
#17WarhawkPosted 3/19/2013 7:00:27 AM
Zetgob posted...
I don't really blame them for Legends. Inafune left the company and he was one of the biggest supporters for it. It's risky enough to bring in someone new, but add to the fact that the first two ML's were massive financial failures? It just wasn't worth the risk. People act like ML has this huge fanbase, but if it exists they certainly weren't around for the original games launches.

It seems like a series that would actually benefit from a Kickstarter style thing to prove people would pay money for it, but then people will complain big business is taking over KS...

And all cause some may not talk much about a game don't mean that there's people that buy it. The Legends series was one of the most "underrated" in the Mega Man franchise.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 16
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#18kel25Posted 3/19/2013 8:38:52 AM
All of these were big screw ups but I voted for MML3 simply because I don't care about the other series mentioned. I was a huge fan of the MML games and liked them a lot more than the core games.
---
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY
#19AzureVergilPosted 3/19/2013 8:45:13 AM
UMvC3 is actually successful, tournaments still welcome that game and players are actually wanting a new update. Its just got negative feedback for releasing it in the same year and no Mega Man/Venom. Its got over quickly.

I can't say the same for SFxTK, RE6 or DmC...
#20Stanger5150Posted 3/19/2013 8:49:37 AM
digitalwill2000 posted...
Resident Evil as a whole after 4

Edit: no rly even when I grow old and senile ai'll remember the RE5 fiasco. The whole racism thing, People calling it out and fans defending it, and Capcom is all like "omg yeh listen to our fans, but fine we'll put in a black female lead as well."

So then we sit down with the game thinking "we helped save this game"....*two levels later* "Oh they're all wearing tribal outfits and chucking spears and keep pet chickens now...hmmm" *after beating the game* "Oh look we unlocked a kinky tribal outfit for the black female lead"

Capcom pls...

It's funny how nobody cried racism when Leon was shooting Spanish people in Spain.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Vanquish- PS3, Super Mario Bros. 2- NES