This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you disappointed with Naughty Dog?

#1carsaucePosted 3/18/2013 10:14:13 PM
Be Honest!
Do you really give up and actually hate on them and think they try too hard?

OR

Do you enjoy what they do and know the next game will be as epic as Uncharted has been?

What's a Poll?
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#2theatrical_catPosted 3/18/2013 10:16:35 PM
They've been very disappointing to me. The Uncharted games are, for the most part, grossly overrated (same with the Jak series) and I think it's gone to their heads. Because everyone tells them they're perfect, they'll never improve. It's sad and annoying.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#3SteadyingMeatPosted 3/18/2013 10:18:01 PM
I like their games, but I really, really hope we get a Jak IV at some point. I'm kinda sick of " realistic " shooters now.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#4Brocken_JrPosted 3/18/2013 10:31:18 PM(edited)
yeah im upset they didnt port their mortal kombat ripoff to psn, i nEEEEEEED IIIIiiiiit!!!!

edit
way of the warrior i think the name was
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiQSvSoSpM
-Fish in ice $8-
#5steepcirclePosted 3/18/2013 10:20:23 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
They've been very disappointing to me. The Uncharted games are, for the most part, grossly overrated (same with the Jak series) and I think it's gone to their heads. Because everyone tells them they're perfect, they'll never improve. It's sad and annoying.

I also think they're overrated, but I can't deny the uncharted games giving an Indiana Jones feel to them in their action sequences. They have a charming story too, though the gameplay can get repetitive, and there's virtually nothing to gain from multiple playthroughs.

I liked all the Jak & Daxter games though (or at least 1,2.3, never played the others), but I respect your opinion nonetheless!
---
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*
#6NashtheLionPosted 3/18/2013 10:22:30 PM
Any series or developer that gets too popular gets auto-hate.

Why? Because its easy. And f*** you.
---
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks
#7steepcirclePosted 3/18/2013 10:23:47 PM
NashtheLion posted...

It also probably has something to do with even with something being popular, nothing will ever please ALL.
---
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*
#8crazyman32Posted 3/18/2013 10:25:44 PM
No,They are a great developer with the Uncharted Franchise and can't wait to play The Last of Us.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#9theatrical_catPosted 3/18/2013 10:25:57 PM
steepcircle posted...
theatrical_cat posted...

I also think they're overrated, but I can't deny the uncharted games giving an Indiana Jones feel to them in their action sequences. They have a charming story too, though the gameplay can get repetitive, and there's virtually nothing to gain from multiple playthroughs.

I liked all the Jak & Daxter games though (or at least 1,2.3, never played the others), but I respect your opinion nonetheless!

I don't dislike the Uncharted games, really (except 1, that game was bad and no one can ever convince me otherwise), I just don't think they're The Best Games Ever Made like almost everyone else does. The gameplay's not that tight, the story's not that good, the graphics aren't that pretty. Uncharted as a series is just so average almost all across the board.

The games have their strong points- some of the best characters and voice acting in any game ever is in Uncharted, the music's not horrible and can even be pretty good at points- but they don't come within light years of the hype.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#10crazyman32Posted 3/18/2013 10:27:38 PM
steepcircle posted...
NashtheLion posted...

It also probably has something to do with even with something being popular, nothing will ever please ALL.

That is another way how GFaqs works if a Franchise is popular the troll army will want to trash it nothing new.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.