This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Want to pick up on God of war.

#1helldewPosted 3/18/2013 11:27:57 PM
Where the heck do i start. I have the Origin collection with CoO and GOS. I didnt really care for CoO that much but GOS looks great. I didnt really understand what the heck was going on in CoO when i was playing it but im wonder where the heck should i go.

I wanted to kinda do CoO first to kinda get it out of the way but i have a feeling i would enjoy it a lot more on a PSP. I gave my friend GOW 1 and 2 for PS3 so i could always borrow same and he also owns 3 and acension so the availbiltiy is there.

is the best option fo start with one of the prequal games? and where does acension take place?

Im pretty sure GOW 1>>>GOW2>>>GOW3 in terms of timeline and that acension and GoS take place before 1. I think CoO takes place beteewn maybe 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 (im gonna guess the former) but i have no clue. should i go for the chronology? release order? Or some other order where the gameplay wont feel dis jarringly backwards.

sorry for asking this here to of all places im avoiding the boards like the plague cause spoilers... after having a couple insanely major plot points for certain games spoiled i tend to avoid checking out anyplace where the story can be remotely spoiled.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#2flame030191Posted 3/18/2013 11:30:48 PM
1, 2, Chains of Olympus, 3, Ghost of Sparta, Ascension is the order I would play them in, as Olympus references 1 and 2 but also helps set some pieces in 3 up, and GoS references the trilogy as a whole.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#3DarKxReckoninGPosted 3/18/2013 11:32:06 PM
I'm playing them now.

Go pick up the Saga used, since you own Origins, you will only be purchasing the Saga for GoW1-2-3. Don't buy it new because it includes digital DLs of GoS and CoO, but you already own them, so used is like 17 bucks for 3 games.

I started GoW1 yesterday and I'm on 2 now, I was advised to just play the first 3 first, then CoO, GoS, then Ascension.
---
PSN ID : xDarKxRecknoninGx
Add me