This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Michael Pachter get so much attention?

#11daigre7Posted 3/19/2013 8:35:41 AM
Uh, he has a weekly spot on a popular video game website as well as multiple guest spots. That's probably why he gets attention.

In all seriousness, he works in the industry, he's very well spoken and enjoys the attention he gets. That's all it really takes nowadays, whether you agree with him or not.
---
PSN - Hand_Banana
#12bob15xPosted 3/19/2013 9:11:31 AM
keybladeXIII posted...
He started out on Gametrailers as a guest on a show, and lots of people hated on him because he didn't know squat about video games, but it got them a lot of views so they kept bringing him back. Now, he has his own show there. I just hate listening to someone talking about or predicting things about video games when they're not a gamer.

But I don't think anyone takes Pachter seriously anymore ever since he said "the Walking Dead has absolutely no chance of winning Game of the Year" when it won after he said that.

I think many people thought it had no chance.

He is actually right about many things, it just that the gaming community and companies tend to make a lot of stupid decisions that are not sound financially.
His decisions are based on what is the best decisions for the business to make financially. Lets face it, we have all seen some disastrous decisions lately from the big companies.
So hes not wrong, he is stating the common sense most of the time, but todays world has no idea what common sense is.
#13Juvart24Posted 3/19/2013 10:01:17 AM
Impaired Medic posted...
I don't know who he is and I can't be bothered to google him.

---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24
#14tracazoidPosted 3/19/2013 10:03:43 AM(edited)
Wait someone said Pachter is right about things? lol. Man the PS3 board just gets funnier and funnier.
#15GenjiRedPosted 3/19/2013 10:07:57 AM
Who? Also, if the rumors are true about the next Xbox not having disc and requires always online, then it won't trash anything but itself. I am mostly going to pick up the PS4, but not day one unless I am blown away at either E3 or TGS and I'm still trying to reserve judgement until the next Xbox shows off their stuff and hopefully debunk those rumors.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#16DarkSymbiotePosted 3/19/2013 10:08:39 AM
Pachter's show is quite informative. If you'd watch it you'd know. Only his false predictions get headlines however. Also, the man works at an important position for a big company so his advice is actually very good but publishers don't take them. He was right about the Wii HD after all.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#17MourningReignsPosted 3/19/2013 10:17:31 AM
Gamers on here hate him because he's not making predictions or giving ideas as a gamer or how a gamer wants. He gives them as an industry analyst who's purpose is analyse the market and predict what would make the company the most profit. Just because his predictions aren't always right doesn't mean he's not giving the correct advice for more profits.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#18RollingCradlePosted 3/19/2013 10:32:58 AM
I swear nerds expect the guy to have a crystal ball/time machine collection!

LEAVE PACHTER ALONE!
#19bob15xPosted 3/19/2013 10:34:02 AM
tracazoid posted...
Wait someone said Pachter is right about things? lol. Man the PS3 board just gets funnier and funnier.

did you bother to read what I said, or is that too hard.