This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

VGLeaks: Final Fantasy Versus XIII now FFXV, Sony co-developing, for PS4

#1theofficefan99Posted 3/19/2013 1:36:04 PM
http://www.vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-xv-will-be-exclusive-on-ps4/

Square-Enix has had problems in the current gen, I suspect that the company couldnít adapt Final Fantasy and other IPs to the HD era. Moreover, the first version of FF14 was a downfall, this game forced to stop the development of other games to focus in the rebuild of FF14. Really itís like a new game.

Square-Enix announced Final Fantasy Versus XIII years ago and the game was lost in the limbo. Square decided to halt Versus PS3 development two years ago, but the RPG wasnít cancelled, why? Two years ago, Square-Enix moved the game to PS4 and Sony got in the project.

Actually Sony is co-developing the game with Square-Enix, therefore, this game will be exclusive on PS4. Square renamed Versus to FF15 in the middle of this process. Sonyís studios are helping SE with FF15 assets among other tasks.

We hinted this PS4 exclusive one month ago, but we couldnít speak freely about this topic. Now, itís all that we can say.

Sounds plausible. Everything would kind of make sense if this is true. VGLeaks is much more reliable than your average joe spreading rumors, considering that they posted up PS4 specs and they turned out to be 100% true. They goofed up a little bit with claiming that AC4 will not be on next-gen consoles, but the fact is that they've been right quite a few times before.

Thoughts?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2Mixture420Posted 3/19/2013 1:39:00 PM
Nice. confirms ps4 purchase over 720
---
ff7>ff10>ff6>x-2>9>12>poop>13>8.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kY6LwM0BRE&list=PL295A7113A66440F3(just listen to the whole OST.)
#3AjescentPosted 3/19/2013 1:40:18 PM
Mixture420 posted...

I look forward to another middle finger from SE at an MS conference ala FF13
---
I survived the Apocalyps3 and the Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.
If my speilling or grammar sucks, it's the fault of my Vita Touchscreen.
#4castrejon04Posted 3/19/2013 1:40:32 PM
Well if it's true, then I won't buy it anymore.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#5darkphoenix181Posted 3/19/2013 1:40:33 PM
Well, didn't the guy doing costumes for versus also call it FFXV too?

Only thing is versus was supposed to be in same universe as FFXIII, I wonder how that will work out.
---
most nostalgic games: FF6-8, Legend of Legaia, Megaman Legends 1-2, Starcraft, Champions of Norrath 1-2. Official Motomu Toriyama of the Final Fantasy XV board.
#6skeithxthPosted 3/19/2013 1:41:15 PM
Given SE said that at the PS4 conference an FF title would be announced at E3...this is quite plausible. Then again, that might just be to confirm the X/X-2 HD collection being released and possibly dated.

Either way, we'll see in the future.
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.
#7AjescentPosted 3/19/2013 1:41:50 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...

Only thing is versus was supposed to be in same universe as FFXIII, I wonder how that will work out.

The same way FF7 and X worked out.
---
I survived the Apocalyps3 and the Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.
If my speilling or grammar sucks, it's the fault of my Vita Touchscreen.
#8ItalianIdiotPosted 3/19/2013 1:42:35 PM
Don't know what to think of it.

It may be a fact that finally that WE'RE GOING TO GET IT AFTER ALL THIS TIME, but the fact that it dropped it's name...makes me fear that Toriyama or another director have gotten their claws on the game...and so another ****ty FF comes out, hurray. -_-

If it's still Nomura...well, at least we know what we're getting, Toriyama spells doom for it, and another one spells a wild card, could be good or bad.
#9darkphoenix181Posted 3/19/2013 1:42:49 PM
Ajescent posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

The same way FF7 and X worked out.

Yea but wasn't versus on the same planet?
---
most nostalgic games: FF6-8, Legend of Legaia, Megaman Legends 1-2, Starcraft, Champions of Norrath 1-2. Official Motomu Toriyama of the Final Fantasy XV board.
#10theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 1:43:28 PM
Ajescent posted...
Mixture420 posted...

I look forward to another middle finger from SE at an MS conference ala FF13

Let's hope not.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin