This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

VGLeaks: Final Fantasy Versus XIII now FFXV, Sony co-developing, for PS4

#111kanartPosted 3/20/2013 3:49:25 AM
Stop bumping and wait for E3.
#112Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/20/2013 5:58:46 AM
FaustXII posted...
Wow, so they're going to spread a mythology across two differently numbered FFs? Weird..

FINAL FANTASY I-V all share the exact same mythology, the Crystal Mythos.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#113Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/20/2013 6:07:26 AM
FaustXII posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
FaustXII posted...
Wow, so they're going to spread a mythology across two differently numbered FFs? Weird..

Remember Final Fantasy XII? It used Ivalice, a world we've seen before.

Remember Final Fantasy IX? Directly uses characters and plot devices used in the original Final Fantasy. Very heavily, in fact.

Remember Final Fantasy X and VII? Both were confirmed to take place in the same world.

This stuff isn't far-fetched, really. I always had a feeling that were FNC successful enough they'd branch it out to another mainline title. We'll see, though.

Ok, but Ivalice was from a non-numbered title. THe other two I give you. Although Shinra was more of a cameo and fun poke for the fans..

But this one is gonna be literally l'Cie and Fal'cie, maybe even Pulse, etc.. From one numbered title, TO THE NEXT. (because 14 is online so it doesn't count)

Why don't they think about these things before they announce them? Same thing with Agito/Type-0 (Agito sounded cooler though).

Either way I'm hyped. I hope Sony helping out is for the better, I bet they're gonna put so much effort into this to make it a system seller. Thanks for the info TC.

Again, the original five FINAL FANTASY installments share the exact same mythology, with all terms too (Crystals, Warriors of Light, Void, etc). The Crystal Mythos.

And FINAL FANTASY XIV definitely counts.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#114PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 3/20/2013 8:47:09 AM
Hell must have froze over, someone on this site agreed with me on something (mostly lol).

I didn't add though that I will buy XV if I happen to have the console it's for. Which goes against what I said but whatever, i can't help that I'm an FF fan. I just hate what they're allegedly doing.

What I am doing is expecting the worst and hoping to be surprised. So I guess you could say it's a form of optimism? Or not.

Also did not know nomura was back (or that he ever left - i really lost interest in the history and people behind the series after X). I just read the wikipedia entry on Toriyama and damn.... that explains A LOT. No wonder I hated FFX and FFXIII. Not trying to offend, but my opinion of that guys writing or idea of storytelling is.... that he couldn't do it right to save his own life.

Yeah though, like the dude above said, we aint gonna know JACK SQUAT til later so sorry for the bumpage.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.