This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What, that is associated with gaming, do you think is overpriced?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What, that is associated with gaming, do you think is overpriced?

User Info: Seri-_-ously

Seri-_-ously
4 years ago#1
#1 overpriced item associated with gaming is...the controllers, in my opinion. Controllers cost $50+, which is ridiculous if you think about the cheap plastic that goes into making them. Games may cost $60, but I think that price is justified due to all the costs involved with developing and publishing a game. (employee salaries, production costs, taking trips to observe an area in order to realistically recreate that area in a game [Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, etc.]

Accessories in general are overpriced, but the controllers are the ones hitting grand slams in my book. What do you think?
PSN: Tenkaichi06

User Info: MudbuttSanchez

MudbuttSanchez
4 years ago#2
Controllers are way overpriced but you could find some pretty decent 3rd party controllers for way cheaper.

User Info: Bekness

Bekness
4 years ago#3
controllers, but meh, happy to pay it
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
How much do you tip the postman when he delivers a parcel containing a game? - Romanticwaluigi

Seri-_-ously
4 years ago#4
I will not buy any 3rd party controllers because most of them look like crap. The only 3rd part controller I bought was a wireless Afterglow controller. It looked pretty good and I heard good things about it. I cancelled my order however, due to the Sony Dualshock 3 being $5 more ($40 total) on Amazon. Regardless, they still cost way too much.

User Info: CrimsonCorp

CrimsonCorp
4 years ago#5
Vita memory cards and Online gaming privilege on the 360

If it wasn't for Halo, I would have stopped paying for LIVE years ago. That said, this will probably be the last time I get Gold. After an awesome 7-8 years, Halo MP has run it's course for me.
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"

Seri-_-ously
4 years ago#6
Bekness posted...

Happy, huh? Well then please send some money my way, and everyone else who has a dog that needs food, a child to feed, a family to support, a mortgage to pay, etc. I don't know if you're part of the 1%, but if you are, feel free to share your incredulous wealth, "fine sir".

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
4 years ago#7
PSP/Vita memory cards, by far.
My gaming and movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My 8 pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU

Seri-_-ously
4 years ago#8
Yeah those Vita cards are insane.

User Info: Bekness

Bekness
4 years ago#9
Seri-_-ously posted...
Bekness posted...

Happy, huh? Well then please send some money my way, and everyone else who has a dog that needs food, a child to feed, a family to support, a mortgage to pay, etc. I don't know if you're part of the 1%, but if you are, feel free to share your incredulous wealth, "fine sir".

Nope, not wealthy at all. Just don't care about buying a controller once off. When the system comes with one controller anyway and I'm generally the only person to play it since I have no IRL friends or talk to my family so it's just me. That's why if the event did come up when I had someone to play with I'd be happy to buy it.
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
How much do you tip the postman when he delivers a parcel containing a game? - Romanticwaluigi

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
4 years ago#10
proprietary hardware.
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy or can play legally for free.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What, that is associated with gaming, do you think is overpriced?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived