This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What, that is associated with gaming, do you think is overpriced?

#1Seri-_-ouslyPosted 3/19/2013 5:08:20 PM
#1 overpriced item associated with gaming is...the controllers, in my opinion. Controllers cost $50+, which is ridiculous if you think about the cheap plastic that goes into making them. Games may cost $60, but I think that price is justified due to all the costs involved with developing and publishing a game. (employee salaries, production costs, taking trips to observe an area in order to realistically recreate that area in a game [Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, etc.]

Accessories in general are overpriced, but the controllers are the ones hitting grand slams in my book. What do you think?
---
PSN: Tenkaichi06
#2MudbuttSanchezPosted 3/19/2013 5:11:06 PM
Controllers are way overpriced but you could find some pretty decent 3rd party controllers for way cheaper.
#3BeknessPosted 3/19/2013 5:12:32 PM
controllers, but meh, happy to pay it
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
How much do you tip the postman when he delivers a parcel containing a game? - Romanticwaluigi
#4Seri-_-ously(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 5:13:18 PM
I will not buy any 3rd party controllers because most of them look like crap. The only 3rd part controller I bought was a wireless Afterglow controller. It looked pretty good and I heard good things about it. I cancelled my order however, due to the Sony Dualshock 3 being $5 more ($40 total) on Amazon. Regardless, they still cost way too much.
---
#5CrimsonCorpPosted 3/19/2013 5:14:37 PM
Vita memory cards and Online gaming privilege on the 360

If it wasn't for Halo, I would have stopped paying for LIVE years ago. That said, this will probably be the last time I get Gold. After an awesome 7-8 years, Halo MP has run it's course for me.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#6Seri-_-ously(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 5:15:10 PM
Bekness posted...

Happy, huh? Well then please send some money my way, and everyone else who has a dog that needs food, a child to feed, a family to support, a mortgage to pay, etc. I don't know if you're part of the 1%, but if you are, feel free to share your incredulous wealth, "fine sir".
---
#7NicodimusPosted 3/19/2013 5:15:53 PM
PSP/Vita memory cards, by far.
---
My gaming and movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My 8 pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#8Seri-_-ously(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 5:46:22 PM
Yeah those Vita cards are insane.
---
#9BeknessPosted 3/19/2013 5:47:52 PM
Seri-_-ously posted...
Bekness posted...

Happy, huh? Well then please send some money my way, and everyone else who has a dog that needs food, a child to feed, a family to support, a mortgage to pay, etc. I don't know if you're part of the 1%, but if you are, feel free to share your incredulous wealth, "fine sir".

Nope, not wealthy at all. Just don't care about buying a controller once off. When the system comes with one controller anyway and I'm generally the only person to play it since I have no IRL friends or talk to my family so it's just me. That's why if the event did come up when I had someone to play with I'd be happy to buy it.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
How much do you tip the postman when he delivers a parcel containing a game? - Romanticwaluigi
#10AsucaHayashiPosted 3/19/2013 5:50:53 PM
proprietary hardware.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy or can play legally for free.