This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
Several basic PS3 questions?
- Topic Archived
1. The best controller. I've done some looking around online and it seems the best controller is the standard Dualshock3. Is that correct? The reason I ask, is that my son is used to using a Logitech wireless controller with his PS2 which is quite a bit bigger than the Dualshock2, so I was hoping to get something of comparable size, but everyones advice seems to be to stick with the Dualshock3 rather than any third party controllers. He'll get used to the size I'm sure, but after getting used to the Logitcech myself, I picked up a Dualshock in a shop and thought I was going to snap it, it felt so small!
2. PSOne and PS2 game saves. He has many of them. I need an adapter thingy to get them onto the PS3 right. Just plug it in via the USB port and play as usual? I've read conflicting things about this online and I'm a little confused (before anyone asks, yes, I made sure to get a PS3 that is PSOne and PS2 compatible)
3. Blu-ray multiregion. Yea or nay. I've heard people talking about something called a Cobra dongle, but again, I'm hearing mixed things about whether or not it'll work. I'm not sure what firmware is on my machine. Are there other options? When we used our PS2 as a DVD player, we used one of those cheat engine disks (I think it was Action Replay V2) to make it multiregion.
Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm clueless about all this stuff, and I want to have everything to hand for when the machine arrives. My son doesn't know about it, so I don't want to say "here's a PS3, but you can't save any of your old games or watch foreign blurrays!"
Thanks in advance guys.
Sorry about your son. At least hes having a good time on his PS3.
1. IMO DualShock3 is the best. You could get a 3rd party bigger controller also.
2. Yes. I'm pretty sure you need an adapter.
3. Honestly, I don't know. Sorry.
So forgive me, but these questions will be about six years too late for some of you. I just bought a PS3 for my son, he's slightly mentally handicapped, and he tends to be a few years behind the current trends. Resident Evil 4 is cutting edge for him. Anyhow, as I know little about the consoles and the inner workings, and I have a couple of very basic questions.
Best of luck to you and your son. Here's what I can offer;
1) From what I've found the best controller is the Dualshock3 ... All of the other 3rd party or non Sony controllers are crap. I have never found one that I liked. So at least for me, I stick with the DS3.
2) Yes, if you have a lot of older saves you will need to get a memory card adapter to transfer the save files to the system. I'm guessing that you bought him a new system, so therefore he will only be able to play PS1 games on it, NOT PS2 games unfortunately. Though you can still transfer all of the saves to the system, only PS1 game disks will work. You can also buy other games from the PSN store but whatever is available in your region.
3) Bluray content is region free so I don't see any problems there. At least I haven't found a disk that my PS3 doesn't like.
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
That's great. Thanks for the info gentlemen. Just one small point about Blu-Rays though, they're not all region free. For example, I have The Last of the Mohican's Director's Definitive Edition, which can be purchased on Amazon.com but not Amazon.co.uk. It was released in a Region A version only, no Region B or C release. So far, that's the only one I've got, but I do know from looking at special editions and the like that there are a few Region A only releases. I have my laptop set up to play Region A, so it's no biggie, I was just curious if the PS3 could be multiregionalised (not a word, but it should be!)
Anyhow, again, thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Add user to Ignore List after reporting
- Topic Archived