This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Industry must lessen the 'obscene levels of violence' in games, says US Senator

#1zerooo0Posted 3/19/2013 8:39:34 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/industry-must-lessen-the-obscene-levels-of-violence-in-games-says-us-senator-6405583

Policymaker says it is "unrealistic" that parents can prevent children from viewing inappropriate content in media-soaked culture.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I'm guessing parents are just supposed to turn the other cheek when their child goes berserk now? What happened to child discipline these days?
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Sinestro
#2SayoriaPosted 3/19/2013 8:41:20 PM
I agree. I am tired of over-the-top blood and violence in games. The most violence a game SHOULD have is a bruise from a blunt stick.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#3Cloud069Posted 3/19/2013 8:44:10 PM
I guess movies are off the hook with all that hollywood money in washington.
---
PSN: Cloud073
#4Devilman_AmonPosted 3/19/2013 8:44:57 PM
A lot of parent are negligent. They can't be trained, educated, supervised or controlled

Imagine if you will, you're in a public area and you see a bad parent doing something stupid or not paying attention at all; smacking or cursing out the kid meanwhile the kids like....2 years old or whatever. What do you do? try to correct him or her? God forbid you try, you'll get an earful of curses out of pride probably...then they wonder why the kid grows up to be a disrespectful butthole..
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#5majin nemesisPosted 3/19/2013 8:46:23 PM
i guess cave paintings are of the hook now
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#6Junpei_StupeiPosted 3/19/2013 8:58:16 PM(edited)
I agree.

U.S. children need to be force-fed with Japanese games instead of brutish, disgusting, unsophisticated dismemberment and gore.

I'll happily spoon-feed them. Here comes the chu-chu train...

Eat your lolis. Eat them. Stay away from junk food like Mortal Kombat and Dead Space. This is the reason why obesity is a problem in the country. The citizens like junk products.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#7flame030191Posted 3/19/2013 8:47:03 PM
Stop buying your kids M rated games. Problem solved.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#8Thermador446Posted 3/19/2013 8:47:04 PM
"Policymaker says it is "unrealistic" that parents can prevent children from viewing inappropriate content in media-soaked culture."

Industry says it's "unrealistic" to censor content simply because parents are "lazy"
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#9wstfldPosted 3/19/2013 8:48:19 PM
Anything to save guns. Sure, it was the games that killed those kids.
---
Last Played: Star Craft 2 (9.5/10)
Now Playing: SOTC HD, StarCraft 2
#10SpacePirateSealPosted 3/19/2013 8:48:39 PM
Oh my god... This is pretty stupid to a level that is staggering... Actually I've seen more ridiculous s*** happen in this country than this. I feel so sad to be an American, I'm going to move to Canada..
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410