This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ps4 no bc... anyone feel like...

#1Vs1991Posted 3/20/2013 2:08:44 AM
buying ps3 games now is a waste? im only gonna buy must play games like the last of us from now on. my collection of over 100 ps3 games is unplayable on the ps4. when they shut down the ps3 servers all my downloads are useless. im done with consoles now. gonna go pc and handheld only after this gen
#2kupo1705Posted 3/20/2013 2:15:06 AM
They won't shut down the servers any time soon.
#3PHEEliNUXPosted 3/20/2013 2:16:55 AM
No?

buying PS4 once it is out is a waste

Not discarding my PS3, And most likely getting a Wii U instead of a PS4
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#4BeknessPosted 3/20/2013 2:18:30 AM
No. Because I'd rather play the games I want to play, for whichever console/handheld they're on rather than just getting the latest. I'll get a PS4 when there's games I'm interested in. No point getting it just because it's new.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade
#5SophisticationPosted 3/20/2013 2:18:43 AM
If anything ps4 is a waste... not ps3. Ps4 is an absolute joke. Ol' faceststation... igb of the best ram in the world and only 1.4gb usable for gaming. Gotta love that garbage social crap that eats up the rest of the ram. Pathetic.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#6Vs1991(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 2:19:46 AM
kupo1705 posted...

maybe, but microsoft shut down servers for the original xbox like a year or two after the 360 came out.

not bad back then cause there werent many games that were downloadable or needed patches.

this gen, alot of games are buggy without the patches.

i miss back in the day when consoles were reliable and didnt break down easily. when they actually tested games before releasing them instead of rushing them out and patching them later. once the servers go down its gonna be bad.
#7PHEEliNUXPosted 3/20/2013 2:20:57 AM
Vs1991 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

maybe, but microsoft shut down servers for the original xbox like a year or two after the 360 came out.

not bad back then cause there werent many games that were downloadable or needed patches.

this gen, alot of games are buggy without the patches.

i miss back in the day when consoles were reliable and didnt break down easily. when they actually tested games before releasing them instead of rushing them out and patching them later. once the servers go down its gonna be bad.

Yep, I agree with that, And i somewhat blame DLCs, They give you incomplete game and make you pay for what is supposed to be in the game
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#8AstroshakPosted 3/20/2013 2:21:07 AM
Bekness posted...
No. Because I'd rather play the games I want to play, for whichever console/handheld they're on rather than just getting the latest. I'll get a PS4 when there's games I'm interested in. No point getting it just because it's new.

Agreed.

PS3 is not a waste, not when there are games you want to play on it. People still have their old NES and SNES and other consoles from back then because they like the games.

Its not about the console. Its ALL about the games. Enough desired games make a console purchase justifiable. Insufficient desired games make a console purchase untenable. New consoles are rarely worth it at launch.
#9BeknessPosted 3/20/2013 2:21:22 AM
A year or two is quite a long time... They can't keep them up forever.

And PC games get patched constantly as well.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade
#10Vs1991(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 2:23:11 AM
Bekness posted...
A year or two is quite a long time... They can't keep them up forever.

And PC games get patched constantly as well.

yeah pc games get patched, but its easy to get a patch for a 10 year old game. ps3 is a closed platform