This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are there any sandbox/open world stealth games...

#11vr6exyvr6exyPosted 3/21/2013 2:42:40 AM
off course there is The Saboteur
#12StockpileThomasPosted 3/21/2013 6:16:14 AM
vr6exyvr6exy posted...
off course there is The Saboteur

^This, great game!
#13Lost_All_SensesPosted 3/21/2013 6:19:20 AM
You can do a lot of the new Tomb Raider game stealthy. Pretty much half of 3rd person shooters have a stealth element in it these days. I love it.
---
"I might make threats I won't never fulfill,hopin your smart enough to use some will and do as I say outta fear that I will"
#14Alzekiah(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 11:49:36 AM
Was Hitman mentioned just because it has stealth, or is it actually open world/sandbox?

I ask because I haven't played any of the series yet.
---
If you don't stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand in front of them
#15FiendingHardPosted 3/21/2013 11:52:39 AM
Alzekiah posted...
Was Hitman mentioned just because it has stealth, or is it actually open world/sandbox?

I ask because I haven't played any of the series yet.

Its not open-world but its sandbox in the sense that you're dropped into a giant level and its up to you to decide how to complete the mission.

Dishonored is similar, there are giant levels where you choose how to approach the objective and its the best game of last year imo. The game gives you tools, not weapons but tools in your approach to the target.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Metal Gear Rising, God of War: Ascension, Final Fantasy 9.
#16FOXSOLIDPosted 3/21/2013 11:54:22 AM
Sounds exactly like what MGS Ground Zeroes is going to be.
---
Gamefaqs T-shirt? I wouldn't wipe my ass with one let alone wear one.
#17nihilist212Posted 3/21/2013 12:05:05 PM
digitalwill2000 posted...
Assassins Creed 2, not the otherrs, the first is boring and the others have insta heal and insta kill buttons.

Infamous 2 you fight two warring factions over a fair amount of landscape in random battles, you have to pick 'em off without being noticed.

Does Batman Arkham City count? Not a shooter though, but you have to avoid guns as they kill Batman quickly. Hard mode is no joke in that game

I'll agree about Arkham City. In hard mode you really gotta avoid anyone with a gun, they can take you down in a second.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#18digitalwill2000Posted 3/22/2013 12:29:24 AM
Dishonored is a boring game though. I'd urge for Arkham City, the room stealth battles are really fun imo. The plot twist and story in Arkham Asylum was miles better though, but Arkham City had more characters
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...