This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Out of all the axed PS3/xbox360 games this is the one that hurts the most...

#1SophisticationPosted 3/20/2013 10:16:43 PM
http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/gallery/cipher-complex/cipher-complex-cancelled-0010.jpg

Why? This looked so much better than anything Kojima could ever hope to pull off. The graphics were fantastic, art style was brilliant. It was like a saturday morning cartoon/comic book come to life. I loved the animations during the fighting, too. Such a pitty to have all that work washed down the drain.

Cipher Complex was the name and it would've been a welcome addition.

Anyways, what are some of the games that hurt the worst when they got axed?

And, as always, feel free to shower me with praise and adoration while you discuss my fabulous topics. Celebrate me really...
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#2theatrical_catPosted 3/20/2013 10:18:17 PM
Meh. Plenty of games that looked awesome in development ended up being crap anyway. Law of averages says Cipher Complex would've been too.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#3Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 10:19:21 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
Meh. Plenty of games that looked awesome in development ended up being crap anyway. Law of averages says Cipher Complex would've been too.

No way, the gameplay vids are hot... The stealth system in it is crazy good and the enemies reacted in very realistic ways. And it was early days on it -- game wasn't even halfway finished.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
#4digitalwill2000Posted 3/20/2013 10:19:45 PM
Why in the absolute hairy, flying, mother, ****, isnt there a Sophistication game? I bet a ton of wannabes have released Kickstarter projects in order to fund one, but Kickstarter doesnt allow it because no game could capture your pure epicness.
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#5ManuKesnaPosted 3/20/2013 10:20:20 PM
Lol that looks worse than your troll topics
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#6theatrical_catPosted 3/20/2013 10:21:37 PM
Sophistication posted...
theatrical_cat posted...

No way, the gameplay vids are hot... The stealth system in it is crazy good and the enemies reacted in very realistic ways. And it was early days on it -- game wasn't even halfway finished.

Without having actually played any versions of it, you can't really say if it was good or not. I'm just erring on the side of caution and assuming it would've sucked; that way I can't get bent out of shape about it being cancelled.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#7TranslatorTomPosted 3/21/2013 12:35:33 AM
Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4: Summer Memories by Irem. Over 95% complete, but axed after the big earthquake and tsunami in Japan. I had been looking forward to it for so long.
---
-Tom
#8The_AkxsionPosted 3/21/2013 12:40:42 AM
...sorry, you're on your own with this, Sophers. Also gotta be honest with you that it disappoints me very much that you like GoW. Like CoD they're all the same with shallow gameplay and angry Kratos. (sorry, don't mean to veer off topic)

As for this topic, Legacy of Kain. Can't remember if it was supposed to be ps2 or ps3.
---
BACK IN AKXSION beby! Back by popular demand!
Do you even lift? I lift.
#9Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 12:45:30 AM
The_Akxsion posted...
...sorry, you're on your own with this, Sophers. Also gotta be honest with you that it disappoints me very much that you like GoW. Like CoD they're all the same with shallow gameplay and angry Kratos. (sorry, don't mean to veer off topic)

As for this topic, Legacy of Kain. Can't remember if it was supposed to be ps2 or ps3.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I like GOW... not by a long shot. I did enjoy Ghost and Gow:A but as far as a series goes... hell no. Shallow, redundant junk bunk. I mean, how many times can this guy be sent to hades and escape? Stupid. That's why I liked ghost and gow:a. Nothing of the sort in either. They actually felt different.
---
#10Killah PriestPosted 3/21/2013 12:46:15 AM
lol that dudes arm looks like its extending like stretch armstrong or mr fantastic.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.