This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Bioware have to f*** up ME3's ending....

#1Oakland510_Posted 3/21/2013 2:38:08 AM
This series could've been up there with MGS series, Final Fantasy series, GTA series, the old Blizzard games, etc. in terms of legendary series status but now it will be just an average series that people will forget in 5 years. That's how bad an ending can affect an entire series because it was just that horrific.
#2killakPosted 3/21/2013 2:58:20 AM
people were going to forget about it anyway.

Pretty much everything this gen has been.
---
You don't ever go full Greer
#3SophisticationPosted 3/21/2013 3:02:57 AM(edited)
Oakland510_ posted...
This series could've been up there with MGS series, Final Fantasy series, GTA series, the old Blizzard games, etc. in terms of legendary series status but now it will be just an average series that people will forget in 5 years. That's how bad an ending can affect an entire series because it was just that horrific.

I just bought this piece of junk bunk crunch dunk... it was cheap on the store so I got it to push me over the 300 mark for the month. What is this ending since I will never in a million years see it.

And I agree... not one game this gen has been memorable. It's all been a waste.... all of it.

I'm actually beside myself with how bad it has sucked.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#4anonymous46773Posted 3/21/2013 3:34:33 AM
not one game this gen has been memorable

What?
*looks at username*
Oh. That explains it.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#5WantedOutlawPosted 3/21/2013 3:39:42 AM
ME3's ending was fine with the Extended Cut. As far as I'm concerned, that series (including ME3) is infinitely better than any goofy MGS or Final Fantasy game anyway.
#6DukeCoudrayPosted 3/21/2013 3:42:37 AM
I'll remember Red Dead Redeptions Ending, The entire Uncharted series. But Mass Effects Trilogy will be remembered infamously.

Now if I see a bad ending it'll always be judged with the Mass Effect 3 scale. Was it as bad as Mass Effect 3? Was it?

Lets just say Mass Effect tried to Linear it up at the end, so that the outcome could be the exact same. When the game was all about choice, and making each story your own.That way they could make a 4th one all about a new character, with the setting off of ME3s ending.

It felt rushed, wrong, and pissed of everyone but maybe 3% of the fanbase. Thats why they had to make an extended cut of the ending for free, which was pretty much like hugging a toilet all night dry heaving at the end of a party, only to extend that fun into the morning.
#7killakPosted 3/21/2013 3:53:29 AM
What?
*looks at username*
Oh. That explains it.

I mean games come out with such frequency, that the "special" feeling of any game is lost.

But don't let that detract from your ad hominem
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#8anonymous46773Posted 3/21/2013 5:05:58 AM
killak posted...
What?
*looks at username*
Oh. That explains it.

I mean games come out with such frequency, that the "special" feeling of any game is lost.

But don't let that detract from your ad hominem

I was talking to Sophistication, not you.
I should really start using quotes... Sorry.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#9killakPosted 3/21/2013 5:08:49 AM
lol, my fault, my fault.

Didn't even realise that I wasn't the one that used those exact words. Technically I said something similar, but not the same
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#10DemiFistPosted 3/21/2013 5:16:33 AM
They didn't.
They ended it how they wanted.
The raging nerd fanboys f'd it up.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"